Antioch Baptist Church
Antioch Baptist Church is located five miles west of LaFayette on Hwy. 50. The church was organized in 1835,
with Elder Francis Calloway serving as the first pastor. The present building was built in 1911; other additions
and brick veneering were added at a much later date. Photographed 2003.
This Greek Revival building was originally built by the members of Sardis Baptist Church at Oak Bowery about 1840.
The church dissolved in 1860, and the building was bought by the members of Antioch Church. The structure was
taken down and rebuilt on the Antioch Church lot in 1862. It served the congregation until about 1910.
Photograph ca. 1895.
Contributed by Don Clark May 2003 DonLClark3@aol.com
Back to Chambers County AlGenweb