152 E. Alabama Avenue LaFayette, Alabama
According to William Davidson's "Pine Log and Greek Revival", John A. Frazer (1800-1861) built this house in LaFayette ca. 1845. In the 1880s the house was bought by Walter B. Wood, Sr. (1858-1930) and wife Addie Ware Wood (1860- 1944). The Woods remodeled the house at this time to reflect the tastes of the Victorian period. In 1915, the Woods yet again remodeled the house in a Colonial Revival style. Since 1945, it has been used as a funeral home and is now Jeff Jones Funeral Home.
Photograph 1 ca. 1900 Photograph 2 June, 2004
Contributed by Don Clark Jun 2004 http://www.genrecords.net/emailregistry/vols/00014.html#0003384
Back to Chambers County AlGenweb