Houston Still House
Located 5 miles west of LaFayette, at Still's Cross Roads, Woodshop Community
This house was owned by the Still family, the last owner being Houston Still (1878 - 1950). Members of this family are buried at Macedonia Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery at Marcoot. The date of construction is unknown but believed to be prior to 1870. The front parlor room on the left was added at a later date. The dining room and kitchen is shown at the right rear. Unfortunately the house underwent a "remodeling" and was stripped of all significant architectural detail and integrity.
Photographed ca. 1977