Mrs. Allie Anderson, who is the owner and proprietor of the Golden West Sanitarium, 1125 East California Avenue, was born at Greenville, Texas, November 1, 1884. Her father is William E. Taylor, and her motherís maiden name was Catherine McCarty. Mrs. Anderson is a great great niece of General Zachary Taylor, her mother being a descendant of the Taylor family. Her father is an ex-Mayor of Greenville, Texas, and is an architect of more than ordinary ability, being credited with building more county courthouses in Texas than any other architect in the state.
Mrs. Anderson is a graduate nurse, and received her early training in Dallas, Texas, in a hospital of the Ursuline Order. In 1919 she came to Glendale and opened a sanitarium in a private residence. Success has been hers from the beginning with the result that she now has a thoroughly modern building which accommodates fifty patients. At Fort Worth, Texas, in 1908, she married George M. Anderson. They became parents of three children: George, Walta and John.
From History of Glendale and Vicinity by John Calvin Sherer. The Glendale Publishing Company, c. 1922 F. M. Broadbooks and J. C. Sherer. p. 452.