Attorney James Fambrough McBryde, a highly respected citizen and prominent club man was born in Kingston, Bartow County, Georgia on February 12, 1888. He is the son of Newton W. McBryde and Lula F. McBryde. After graduating from Piedmont Institute. in Georgia, he moved to New York, where he was connected with the Wabash Cabinet Company for four years, then came to Glendale, California, in 1913. After studying law at the University of Southern California, he was admitted to practice on July 22, 1915, opening his office at that time in Los Angeles, in the Haas Building and later in the Los Angeles Trust and Savings Building. When entering the service of the United States Army he closed his office in Los Angeles, and upon his return opened an office in Glendale, which he has since maintained. His was the first law office in the City of Glendale.
On June 21, 1918, he married Helen Elaine Mosher, the youngest daughter of Mrs. Sarah Jane Mosher. Miss Mosher came to Glendale to make her home in 1910, and graduated from Glendale Union High School in 1914. Both Attorney and Mrs. McBryde are active in local organizations. Mr. McBryde is at present Commander of the local Post of the American Legion, a member of the Kiwanis Club, Esquire in the B. P. O. Elks, No. 1289, a member of the local Masonic order, No. 368, being the 368yh member of that order, Warden in the I.O.O. F., and a member of the Central Christian Church of Glendale. Since her marriage Mrs. McBryde has assisted her husband as his secretary, being an expert legal stenographer.
Since May 1, 1922, Mr. McBryde has had assisting him, W. Claire Anspach, a graduate of Harvard Law School and Stanford University.
Attorney McBryde now maintains a suite of offices in the Central Building at 111 East Broadway, Glendale, California.
From History of Glendale and Vicinity by John Calvin Sherer. The Glendale Publishing Company, c. 1922 F. M. Broadbooks and J. C. Sherer. p. 425.