††††††† Dr. T. C. Young, who has practiced medicine and surgery in Glendale since 1909, was born at Winterset, Iowa, November 7, 1883, a son of H. R. and Edna E. (Osborne) Young. His father was born in Pennsylvania of Irish and Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry. His mother was born in Vermont, a descendant of an old Yankee family, which dates back to the Plymouth Colony. Dr. Young was reared on his fatherís farm, attended the district schools, graduated from Winterset High School, Winterset, Iowa; studied medicine at Des Moines, Iowa, for two years; after which he came to Los Angeles, where five more years were given to the study of medicine and surgery. In 1909 he came to Glendale and opened an office in the Felger Building where he has since been located. This gives Dr. Young the distinction of being the only person in Glendale who has had the same business address for the last thirteen years.
††††††† Dr. Young is one of Glendaleís prominent physicians and surgeons. He is a director of the Glendale Research Hospital, and a member of its medical staff, also a member of the Glendale Medical Club and treasurer of the Pathological and Clinical Society of Glendale; a charter member and director of the Kiwanis Club, and a member of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks. He was one of the organizers, and is a director of the Sespe Country Club, at Fillmore, California. For many years he has been interested in, and is considered an authority on, outdoor sports, fishing and hunting.
††††††† In 1910, Dr. Young returned to Winterset, Iowa, and married Garnet Baird, a daughter of James and Lydia Baird, both members of pioneer Iowa families. Mrs. Young is a member of the Tuesday Afternoon Club and of Glen Eyrie Chapter, Order Eastern Star. Their home, which was built in 1920, at 400 North Kenwood Street, is one of the finest in Glendale.
From History of Glendale and Vicinity by John Calvin Sherer. The Glendale Publishing Company, c. 1922 F. M. Broadbooks and J. C. Sherer. p. 417.