Hawaii: The Past, Present, and Future of Its Island-Kingdom. By Manley Hopkins. Published: London: Longman, Green, Longman, and Roberts, 1862.
Narrative of a Tour Through Hawaii, or Owhyhee. By William Ellis.
Published: London, H. Fisher, Son, and P. Jackson, Third Edition, 1827.
- The New Year's Eve Flood on Oahu, Hawaii, December 31, 1987 - January 1, 1988. By John A. Dracup.
- Unwritten Literature of Hawaii: The Sacred Songs of the Hula. By
Nathaniel Bright Emerson. Published: 1909.
- Evolution in Hawaii: A Supplement to Teaching Evolution and the
Nature of Science. By Steve Olson.
- Volcanic and Seismic Hazards on the Island of Hawaii. By Christina Heliker.
- The U.S. Navy in Hawaii, 1826-1945: An Administrative History, by Department of the Navy, Naval Historical Center, Washington D.C. Published: May 25 2001, adapted from Historical Section,
Fourteenth Naval District. Administrative History of the Fourteenth Naval District and the Hawaiian Sea Frontier,
Vol. 1, Hawaii, 1945.
- The Hawaiian Archipelago. Six Months Among the Palm Groves, Coral Reefs, and Volcanoes of the Sandwich Islands. By Isabella Lucy Bird. Published: John Murray, London, 1875. Subjects: As it was in 1875, steamer ships, Hawaiian hotels, volcanos, royality, lepers, Hawaiian history and royality, animals and plants, natives and customs, housing, education, scenery, the different islands, and more, as told in a series of letters to the authors sister.
- Report of the Royal Commission on the Development of the Resources of the Kingdom. By Hawaii Royal Commission on the Development of the Resources of the Kingdom. Published: Island of Hawaii, 1877. Subjects: The land and its people, and areas of Kohala, Waimea, Hamakua, Hilo, Puna & Kau.
- The Story of the Philippines and Our New Possessions, Including The Ladrones, Hawaii, Cuba and Porto Rico. By Murat Halstead. Published: H.L. Barber, Chicago, Ill., 1898. Subjects: Natural riches, industrial resources, statistics of productions,
commerce and population; the laws, habits, customs, scenery and conditions of the Cuba of the East Indies and the Thousand Islands of The Archipelagoes of India and Hawaii, with episodes of their early history, personal character sketches of and interviews with Admiral Dewey,
General Merritt, General Aguinaldo and the Archbishop of Manila.
- Eruptions of Hawaiian Volcanoes: Past, Present, and Future. By Robert I. Tilling, Christina Heliker,
and Thomas L. Wright. Published: U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S.
Geological Survey. First Printing, 1987.
- The House of Pride and Other Tales of Hawaii. By Jack London. Published: The Macmillan Company, 1912. Subject: Fiction; The House of Pride, Koolau the Leper, Good-bye Jack, Aloha Oe, Chun Ah Chun, The Sheriff of Kona,
and Jack London, by Himself from the 1919 Mills & Boon edition.