Hunter News
1913 Hunter Herald

January 23, 1913


The grim reaper has again added another life to the multitude gone before, and this time the person of the infant Grace, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Gust Hogenson. Little Grace was born on Aug. 3, 1912 and died Jan. 18, 1913. Services were held in the Lutheran church Sunday and interment in the Hunter cemetery. Mr. and Mrs. Hogenson have the sympathy of the community. Dullum-Humphrey

The marriage of Miss Lena Dullum of Hunter and Thomas Humphrey of Grandin was solemnized yesterday afternoon at the home of Rev. C. A. MacNamara on Seventh avenue north, Fargo. The bride was charming in a gown of cream orchids. Only a few of the immediate friends of the family were present. The happy couple left Tuesday morning for a short trip in the east and will be at home to their friends on a farm west of Grandin after a two weeks honeymoon.
The new bride is well known here as "central" having held a position with the Hunter telephone Co. as night “hello” girl for about eighteen months when she was changed to the day shift.
Lena, as her many friends called her, was proficient in her work and the Company has lost another of their obliging operators. Here's hoping that Mr. and Mrs. Humphrey will enjoy all that is in life during their union.

February 6, 1913


The subject of this sketch-Alexander Russell-was born Dec. 2, 1820, at Aberdeenshire, Parish of Cunnington, Scotland, and died at his home in Hunter, Jan. 28, 1913.
Mr. Russell was married in 1853 and emigrated to central Ontario in 1855, remaining there until 1880 he came with his family to Casselton and took up a piece of land some four miles north of Erie which he farmed for four years, afterwards moving to the home place which his son John now owns. This piece of land he tilled for eleven years and on account of the infirmities of old age was compelled to stop active operations. Mr. and Mrs. Russell moved to Hunter where he has since remained.
Eight children were the result of their marriage, three of whom are living and are Mrs. Hank, W. D., and J. G. Russell.
“Dad” Russell, as he was familiarly known by all who knew him, being of Scotch descent, was a great student of the poets and the bible and he could be easily interested by starting on either subject, quoting passage after passage of scripture, or poem after poem. Sickness was a foreign element to his sturdy Scotch build but as the years passed by he was compelled to submit to the inevitable, and during the last year of his life he suffered considerable, but the end came.
The funeral sermon was conducted in the M. E. church by Rev. Thompson of the Presbyterian church and interment in the Hunter cemetery. Notice

Notice is hereby given, that the partnership lately subsisting between Max Braunstein and M. L. Braunstein under the firm name of Braunstein & Son, doing business at Hunter, North Dakota, and Portland, North Dakota, was dissolved on the 22nd day of January A. D. 1913, by mutual consent. All debts owing to said partnership are to be received by said M. L. Braunstein, and all demands on the said partnership are to be presented to him for payment, and said M. L. Braunstein is authorized to settle all debts due to and by said firm.

February 13, 1913


With the prayer her mother taught her in her infancy on her lips, Mabel, beloved and eldest daughter of Andrew and Mary Severson of Dows township, and wife of Peter Lima of Cooperstown, slipped out of this life into the great beyond, Monday Feb'y 3rd. Mabel was born a pioneer baby in the old home on the claim, and never did one seem better fitted for their station in life, always so willing and helpful to both her father and mother, and to the little flock of brothers and sisters that came after her, a loving and tender second mother, and when she went with the husband of her choice to make a new home only a little more than two years ago in all the strength and joy of her young womanhood, she left a void in the home and in the community that could not be filled. And the warm place she had made for herself in her new environment was amply shown in the kind helpfulness and loving administrations of her neighbors and friends, and in the grief that could not be suppressed and tried to express itself in the lavish beauty of the flowers and decorations of the church, where a first service was held on Tuesday, that her friends and neighbors of Cooperstown might show their love and respect for her. The service here on Wednesday, in the Lutheran church, conducted by Rev. Turmo, was, in spite of the storm and intense cold, very largely attended by sympathizing friends and neighbors who did all that was possible to show loving respect and honor to both the living and the dead. Indeed it was wonderful that so many and such beautiful flowers could have been brought so far in such weather. In a way she seemed to belong to us for many of her school days were spent here and it seems most fitting that she should sleep her last sleep beside the brother and sisters she loved so well. She bore her sufferings, which were severe, with Christian fortitude and might have survived the pneumonia that first attacked her if spinal meningitis had not supervened, causing brain fever. At her bedside when the end came were her husband, her father and mother, brother Severt of Horace and sister Nina of Fargo besides her little sister Mary and her nine months old baby boy. Great sympathy for them all is expressed on every side, especially for the bereaved husband and the little son who is too young to realize his great loss. We can only pray that the heavenly Father will comfort them as he alone can.

Dies Suddenly

While talking to H. H. Carr in their office, P. H. Stenerson, traveling salesman for Leach & Gamble Co., of Wahpeton, died suddenly Wednesday afternoon at about 1:30 p. m. Dr. Baillie was called but life had been extinct. Death was caused by hemorrhage of the brain. Mr. Stenerson was one of the best known men who made this part of the state. He was a married man and about 50 years old. The body was taken care of by Mr. Wergin and then shipped to his home at Wahpeton.

February 20, 1913

Pays Big Price for Cass County Farm

The largest price paid for a section of land in Cass County for some months was involved in the sale of a section in Kinyon township by John Dynes and wife to Richard Woitzel.
The consideration for the sale was $52,000. This is approximately $81.36 per acre.
The land purchased includes all of section 29 in Kinyon township with the exception of one acre which was reserved for a church site.
The land is located four miles northwest of Gardner.
Mr. Woitzel, who made the purchase, is a resident of Cass county, Nebraska. He expects to move to North Dakota and make his home on the property. - Courier News.

March 20, 1913

Obituary --- Winistoofer

Jakob Winistoofer, the subject of this sketch, was born in the county of Solothurn, Switzerland, in the year 1847, and died at his home near Hunter on March 10, 1913, age 65 years, 10 months and 20 days. Death was caused by a hemorrhage of the brain. Mr. Winistoofer emigrated to Winona, Minn., in 1876. Four years later he came to North Dakota and settled on a homestead near the present town of Leonard, Cass County, in which county he has since resided. He was married in 1882 to Magdaline Hayertz. Nine children were born to this union, namely: Joseph of Bowdon; John, of Reeder; Henry, of Alice; Anna (Mrs. W. J. Green) of Moorhead; Jakob, Rosa, Albert and Nicholas, of Hunter, all of whom attended the funeral. A daughter, Emma, is deceased. Funeral services were held in the Catholic church Thursday morning and the body laid to rest in the Hunter cemetery in the afternoon.

New Store for Hunter

D. J. Tinnes of Northwood was here the first of the week and has purchased the stock, furniture and fixtures of the Hunter Cash Store. Mr. Tinnes comes to us with a reputation of being a good business man and an experienced merchant. He will open the store for business in about a week. Watch for opening date. Mr. Tinnes will enlarge the stock and carry a complete line of general merchandise including a full line of the best groceries. The store, when open, will be under the direct management of Mr. Tinnes and will be a first class general store in every aspect. We wish the new firm success.

April 10, 1913


Sivert O. Kyllo died at his home northwest of Hunter on March 28, of heart failure to which he had been subject for 20 years. He was born in Overstordalen, Norway, on February 21, 1855. He came to America in 1875 and settled down in Goodhue county, Minn., where he lived 5 years, he then came to North Dakota where he has lived since. He married Oline Rostad the 7th of November 1887, this happy union was blessed with ten children of whom one, a daughter, is dead. The survivors are Oscar, Mrs. Harry Olsen, Julius, Sigvart, Bernt, Robert, Olga, Edwin and Agnes. Mr. Kyllo lived an upright and Christian life and was highly esteemed by all who knew him. He also leaves to mourn his sudden demise one brother Ole O. Kyllo of Galesburg and two sisters Mrs. Sigrid Julsett of Galesburg and Mrs. C. Bolstad of Minnesota. Mr. Kyllo was a devoted member of the Hauge church and his funeral took place from there, interment being made in the Hauge cemetery in the presence of a large host of sorrowing friends. The sympathy of the entire community is extended to the bereaved family in their hour of sorrow.

May 8, 1913

At Rest

Died, at her home in our village, after a lingering illness of several months, Friday evening, May 2, 1913, at 11:30 o'clock, Mrs. Gust Hogenson, aged forty-six years.
She was born at Hemsedhal, Norway, on Sunday, June 17, 1866 and came to this country when she was 22 years old and for the first year she lived with an uncle at Kindred, this state. She then came to Hunter, where she has made her home until the end. She was married to Gust Hogenson on Saturday, December 26, 1891. This happy union was blessed with seven children, four sons and three daughters, three of them having passed over the Great Divide. There are left to mourn her sad demise, a beloved husband, two sons and two daughters, a mother and father, two sisters and two brothers.
All the care and love that skilled physicians and an anxious household could devise and apply for her comfort and assistance were brought into play, but the fiat of Him who rules our incomings and outgoings had been issued, and before the beautiful morning was kissed by the rising sun, the sufferer's spirit took its flight to that Home the Christian believes is the fulfillment of the life everlasting. Let us, if possible, gather up the elements of the life of the departed one and weave of them a picture for the walls of memory. She ran the journey of life in forty-six years. It is a path marked with deeds of kindness and cheer. Flowers, not thorns, sunshine, not shadow, did she scatter everywhere. With these she was lavish. Truth was the inspiration of her life and by kindness she exemplified its great worth. Was not her life full of Godlikeness? And there was reason for this. When the bloom of childhood was blooming into the blush of refined womanhood she had sought the pearl of great price and made it chief among the jewels of her youthful life. This was the fountain of the maturity of her character. For upon the white canvas of her life she drew no uncertain lines which needed to be erased. Therefore we mourn, but not without hope. Through this gloom there comes back a bright beam of sunshine which turns our tears to jewels of promise.
For the Sabbath of earth she now enjoys the never ending Sabbath of Heaven. She waits your coming and watches near the gate. And remember that morning is not far off when the love of Christ shall bid thee enter in and share with her unending, unalloyed joy.
The last services were held from the house and the Lutheran church Monday p.m. at 2 o'clock, Rev. Turmo officiating. The remains were laid to rest beside those of her children in the Hunter cemetery. Songs were touchingly rendered by the choir of the Lutheran church and Mr. and Mrs. J. H. Gale, Mrs. Ed. Mitchell and Professor Beitler who sang, "Nearer My God To Thee." The flowers were many and beautiful but not more beautiful than the face that rested so peacefully among them. Beautiful in life, beautiful in death, but far more beautiful resurrection morn. Flowers seem to be the best emblem we have to express our love, for we wreathe them about the cradle, the marriage alter and tomb. Thus would we leave her and in memory keep her, as sweetly reposing among the beautiful and fragrant flowers.

June 12, 1913

Barn Burned

During the storm last Thursday morning the barn on the old Peter Madsen farm, two miles east of Hunter, was struck by lightning and burned to the ground. Nine horses and one colt and all the harness and feed belonging to Ed. Fleichouer, the renter, were burned, nothing whatever being saved. The fire was first discovered about four o'clock but Mr. Fleichouer was unable to save anything as the building was a mass of flames. Martin Pederson Dead

Martin Pederson died at the home of his daughter, Mrs. A. Lund, Friday, June 6th, at 4:00 o' clock p. m. Death was due to cancer. He was born in Throndjhem, Norway, September 7, 1849, being 63 years and 9 months old at the time of death. He came to this country in April, 1888, and made his home at Galesburg for one year. He then moved to Hunter where he has since resided. He leaves one daughter, Mrs. Albert Lund, to mourn his demise. The funeral services were held Sunday afternoon from the Lutheran church, Rev. Turmo officiating. The remains were laid to rest in the Hunter cemetery.

July 17, 1913

William Witherow killed in accident

The following is taken from a Blaine (Wash.) paper and gives an account of the death of Wm. Witherow, which was mentioned in this paper a short time ago. This community was again shocked Tuesday afternoon, July 1st, as a result of a disastrous accident at the Ainsowrth & Dunn cannery just before the noon hour which cost the lives of two men, Wm. J. Witherow and Alex Dalgety. Mr. Witherow died almost instantly and Mr. Dalgety lingered in an unconscious condition until 2:50 o'clock. The accident was caused by the blowing open of a heavy door of one of the retorts which struck both men with full force. Mr. Witherow was caught between the heavy door and a retort and crushed instantly, and although some of the workmen thought there were signs of life afterward, death was almost instantaneous. The big 770 lb. door struck Mr. Dalgety and knocked him some 30 to 40 feet. He never regained consciousness. Just what caused the fastenings of the door to break will never be known, but it is presumed that the steam pressure got too high and caused the break. The funeral services over the body of Mr. Witherow were held in the Congregational church yesterday afternoon at 2:30 o'clock, Rev. R. C. Hartley officiating. The Bellingham lodge of Elks, of which he was a member, had charge of the funeral. Wm. J. Witherow was about 27 years of age and single. He came to Blaine from Hunter, N. D., with his parents about five years ago. In addition to his parents he leaves three sisters, one of them, Mrs. Otto Vogt, residing at Birch Bay. He was a young man well liked by all who knew him and a valuable employee at the cannery where he met his death. He has been a member of the Blaine fire department for four years or more and at the time of his death was secretary of this organization, which will miss his energetic work.

September 4, 1913

Rupture expert her

e Seeley, who fitted Czar of Russia, called to Fargo F. H. Seeley, of Chicago and Philadelphia, the noted truss expert, will be at the Waldorf Hotel and will remain in Fargo Monday and Tuesday only, Sept. 8th and 9th. Mr. Seely says: "The Spermatic Shield Truss as now used and approved by the United States Government will not only retain any case of rupture perfectly, affording immediate and complete relief, but closes the opening in 10 days on the average case." This instrument received the only award in England and in Spain, producing results without surgery, harmful injections, medical treatments or prescriptions. Mr. Seely has documents from the United States Government, Washington, D. C. for inspection. All charity cases without charge, or if any interested call he will be glad to show the truss without charge or fit them if desired. Any one ruptured should remember the date and take advantage of this opportunity. Wedding bells

A pretty home wedding was solemnized at the home of the bride's parents, Mr. and Mrs. William Fiske, at 10:00 o'clock yesterday morning. The contracting parties were Miss Eva L. Fiske and Mr. Albert Ray Duffield. Rev. James of Page, assisted by Rev. Thomas Old, were the officiating clergymen who tied the nuptial knot pronouncing the ceremony which united the lives of these estimable young people of our little city. The wedding was a quiet one, witnessed only by the immediate relatives of the bride and groom. The bride was becomingly attired in crepe de chene with pearl trimmings. The groom wore the conventional black. Mr. Warren Duffield, brother of the groom, was the groomsman and Miss Winifred Fiske the bridesmaid. The parlor, where the ceremony was performed, was prettily decorated with sweet peas. After an early dinner the young couple drove to Casselton and from there took the train for Minneapolis where they will spend a few days visiting the Minnesota State Fair. They will be at home to their many friends after November first at the groom's farm south of town. Mrs. Duffield, mother of the groom, and Warren Duffield, a brother, of Ottawa, Ill., were the out of town relatives present at the wedding. This event marks the most important milestone in their lives. Another home is made, a new start in life is commenced under the most favorable conditions and circumstances. We wish them a long life and bespeak of them much happiness.

September 18, 1913

School notes

School opened Monday with the following enrollment,

High School, 16 boys and 24 girls
Eighth Grade, 6 boys and 6 girls
Seventh Grade, 5 boys and 9 girls
Sixth Grade, 12 boys and 3 girls
Fifth Grade, 7 boys and 6 girls
Fourth Grade, 7 boys and 10 girls
Third Grade, 6 boys and 9 girls
Second Grade, 4 boys and 5 girls
First Grade, 8 boys and 9 girls

Veterinary locates
Dr. W. R. McCall, a veterinary surgeon, arrived here the first of the week from Washington, Iowa, and after looking over the territory, has decided to locate here. Dr. McCall is a graduate of the Chicago Veterinary College and comes here highly recommended both by the college and by Dr. Downing, of Marshalltown, Ia., with whom he has been practicing. Hunter is a good location for a veterinary and the Dr. will no doubt have a large practice. He may be found at any time during the day by calling Hamilton's Drug Store. He is at present rooming wt L. A. Runestrand's. Notice

Dr. W. H. Dahl, dentist, of Hunter, wishes to announce that he will be in Hunter on Monday and Tuesday of each week only. He will be in Arthur on Wednesday of each week. In Erie on Thursday, Tower City on Friday and Buffalo on Saturday of each week. Watch this paper for further announcements.

October 2, 1913

Lost-between Grandin and Mayvile, by way of Hillsboro, tail light and a N. D. auto license No. 5136. J. C. Nelson, Grandin.

Wednesday, September 24, at the home of Mr. and Mrs. John F. Sherman, a quiet home wedding was solemnized, at which time their eldest daughter, Bernice Clair, was united in marriage to Ralph G. Schlosser of Bridger, Mont. The impressive ring ceremony was performed under a canopy of ferns and carnations, by the Rev. Morgan, Congregational minister from Fargo, in the presence of the family and a few invited friends. The bride was given away by her father. She was sweet and lovely in a beautiful gown of white crepe de chine and brocade charmouse, her going away gown was tailored suit and hat of brown. Immediately after the ceremony a bountiful three course dinner was served by the Misses Jessie Hockridge, Esther and Ida Brase and Mildred Sherman. They were very generously remembered by their friends both absent and present by gifts of silver, cut glass, china and linen. They left from Gardner on the evening train for a short visit at Sioux Falls, before going to their home in Bridger, Mont. They were given a rousing send off by the young people of Gardner. Miss Sherman was very popular in Hunter and Gardner, where she will be greatly missed. The out of town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. W. E. Allen of Aurora, Ill., and Harrold Sherman of Sioux Falls, S. D. Auction Sale

As I intend leaving Hunter I will sell at my present residence on Oct. 4th at 2 o'clock household utensils consisting of stoves, furniture, bedroom sets, rugs, Etc. Ed. Mitchell.

October 9, 1913

Susan A. Adams
The funeral services of Mrs. S. H. Adams were held at the residence in Hunter, N. D., Sunday, October 5th, 1913, 2 p. m. There were present many of the neighbors and friends of the deceased. At the appointed hour, after the quartet sang one of her favorite hymns, “Lead Kindly Light,” a scripture lesson which was selected by her was read by Rev. Old. Mrs. Ed. Mitchell then sang a solo entitled “Face to Face,” after which Rev. Old delivered the sermon. After the service the deceased was borne to the cemetery where she was interred.
Susan A. Bennett was born in Macon, Ga., June 4th, 1842, being at the time of her death, 71 years, 3 months and 27 days old.
She was married to S. H. Adams in Macon, Ga., February 8, 1857, where she lived for a short time, removing to Rome, Ga., where she remained until 1863. From here they removed to Cincinnati, Ohio, where they lived until 1884, when they came to North Dakota, living in Hunter or vicinity during this period.
She is survived by her husband, S. H. Adams, of Hunter; five sons, Chas. R. Adams, Hunter, Edward O. Adams, Cincinnati, Ohio, Ernest M. Adams, Omak, Wash., Frank H. Adams and Howard R. Adams, both of Bismarck; and one daughter, Mary J. Cook of Minneapolis.

October 23, 1913

At the home of the bride's father, Mr. J. B. Hockridge, last Wednesday noon was solemnized the wedding of his daughter, Jessie, to Stoel Russell Collins. Rev. Thompson, pastor of the Presbyterian church, pronounced the ceremony in a most beautiful, impressive manner. At the close of the ceremony congratulations were extended; after which an elegant dinner was served. Mr. and Mrs. Collins are both too well known to need any introduction to the people of this city, both of them having spent the greater part of their lives here. They left on the evening train on a honeymoon trip through Minnesota and Wisconsin. They will be at home after November 20th at Hunter. The congratulations on the happy event are numerous and this paper is greatly pleased on this occasion to add its hearty good wishes to those being so free extended.

October 23, 1913

Twentieth Wedding Anniversary
On Wednesday evening, Oct. 15th, the large, beautiful home of R. A. Miller was filled to its capacity when a host of friends come to join Mr. and Mrs. Miller in celebrating their twentieth wedding anniversary. The fore part of the evening was spent in songs, recitations and music, all of which was very much appreciated. A sumptuous luncheon was served at the appointed time and to say that it was enjoyed would be but expressing it lightly. Isn't it astonishing, the appetite some ladies have? Most men are considered hearty eaters, but when it comes to turkey, some women are ahead. Partners for supper were found by matching stanzas of “Mother Goose Rhymes,” which was quite exciting for a few minutes. After supper the gentlemen had to recite the little stanzas for himself and lady. You may be sure that this furnished no little amusement. Mr. and Mrs. Miller were recipients of many beautiful presents, showing the high esteem in which they are held by the many friends. Among the presents was a quartered oak sideboard, a hundred piece china dinner set, a hand painted bread tray, cake plate, fruit plate, flowers and embroidered linen. The merrymaking crowd left in high glee, all wishing Mr. and Mrs. Miller well and hoped for many more such anniversaries and declaring them royal entertainers. Those present were: Messrs. J. Richardson, P. McLachlin, A. Peterson, L. Roach, L. Quaife, W. Muir, W. Hudson, W. Davis, E. Borre, Kundtson, L. Thomson, Worsley, T. Old, C. Collins, Robinson, Hoxie, Vosburg, Craig, Frank, H. Brewer, and Beitler. Mesdames. W. Muir, J. Peterson, A. Peterson, J. Richardson, Worsley, E. Hudson, Quaife, Roach, Borre, Collins, Carr, Hoxie, Robinson, McLachlin, Vosburg, Craig, Frank, Stafford and Brewer.

November 6, 1913

In Memoriam

A sense of personal loss came to every resident of this town and vicinity, who have had their home here since 1902, when it became known that Mr. D. McKenzie had heard and obeyed the call of the Master to “Come up Higher” in their far-off home by the western sea where they went more than a year ago in the vain hope that the mild climate prevailing there would aid in his complete recovery from a disease that had been slowly fastening itself upon him for a long time. To everyone who heard the memorial services for him that Rev. Thompson held, with the text from the First Psalm, came the same thought that the first three verses is a perfect description of our old friend and neighbor, even the children felt it. And surely no other man among us yielded in his life so abundantly of the fruits that prove his similarity to a tree planted by the river of life. And his works prospered for he was a “tower of strength” to the weak and tempted and gave most generously of his best to every good cause. Our church and Sunday School have never been the same since the “McKenzie family” went away, hard as we have tried to “close up the ranks and press on.” Our board of education misses his wise and well trained mind in its councils, and our whole social fabric is weaker without him. He followed his Master in as much as he pleased not himself, but in spite of weakness and suffering, brought to every daily task the same cheerful, willing spirit, dignifying honest labor of every sort. Of his early history and experiences we know very little, in the ten years and two months that he lived among us he had not much time for retrospection he was too busy proving himself the greatest of all by being the servant of all, and we only know that he was born in Glasgow, Scotland, came to Canada in early life, was graduated at Queen's College and was married to Miss Georgana Gilbert and that they made their home in the northern part of North Dakota before they came here with their only surviving child, Mary, and from the occasional accounts that have come to us from neighbors there, his life was always the same there as here.

November 20, 1913

Farewell Surprise

Friday evening November 7th a number of friends of Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Wolfe met at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Wolfe and tendered them a farewell surprise previous to their leaving for Roundup, Mont., where they will reside on a claim. A lap supper was served at midnight after which dancing was enjoyed until about four o'clock, when they all departed for home wishing Mr. and Mrs. Wolfe all kinds of good luck in the country they are to make their future home. Mr. and Mrs. Wolfe were presented with a set of silver knives and forks, silver meat fork, butter knife and sugar shell. The following were present: Mr. and Mrs. Rosenal, Mr. and Mrs. Herold and family, Mr. and Mrs. John Buck, Misses Genevieve and Annie Bently, Miss Edith Buck, Miss Krukerberg, Mr. and Mrs. Willert and family, Mrs. Moody and family, Mr. and Mrs. Dulski and family, Mr. and Mrs. John Redmond, Mrs. Went, Miss Bertha Went, Mr. and Mrs. Bower and family, Mr. and Mrs. Martin and daughter, John, Jos. and Michael Redmond, James Bentley, Herman and Emil Buck, Mr. and Mrs. E. H. Ramstad and Mrs. Bye.

December 25, 1913

Wendt-Wolfe Nuptials
On Tuesday, December 16th, at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Wolfe occurred the marriage of their son, Carl, and Miss Bertha Wendt.
The ceremony was performed by Rev. Freytag of Arthur and was held in the parlor under a beautiful arch of carnations and ferns.
The bride wore a beautiful white silk gown trimmed with lace and bead work. She carried a beautiful bouquet of white roses and ferns.
The bride was attended by Miss Edyth Buck and Miss Bertha Kruckenberg while Walter Wolfe and Emil Buck attended the groom.
Right after the ceremony the happy couple came to Hunter and had their pictures taken, and afterwards returned home where a beautiful dinner was awaiting them. Also a plentiful shower of rice and old shoes.
There were about 150 relatives and friends present. The happy couple received many beautiful and useful presents.
The evening was spent in dancing and at midnight a buffet luncheon was served to which all did ample justice, after which the dancing continued until the break of day, and the friends tired but happy, departed for their homes wishing the happy couple much joy through life's journey. The Newlyweds will reside on the farm west of town.

2009 Copyrighted and Contributed by Steven Pueppke
Newspaper Extractions Index
Back to the Cass County, NDGenWeb