August Anderson donated 3 acres of his land for a school yard and one acre near the school house for a cemetery.
The school house was used for church services, which were in the Norwegian language.
In 1914 the family joined the DeLamere Lutheran Church.
Information taken from the History of Richland County Book
All photos taken and copyrighted by Pat Maas