In the spring on 1875 the group became a corporate and selected the name German Evangelical Trinity Lutheran Church under the leadership of Pastor Winkler, a missionary of Fergus Falls, who served them until 1876. As the congregation grew a full time pastor was needed.
The following pastors have served this congregation and surrounding areas: Rev. Winkler, Rev. J. Krueger, Rev. R. Koehler, Rev. T. Hinck, serving 44 years, Rev. J. Rengstorf, 25 years, Rev. R. Teuscher, 10 years, Rev. Nast and the present pastor Rev. R. Albrecht since 1969.
The first church was located on the present cemetery grounds, later a larger one was built a 1/4 mile South and the present structure was built in Great Bend. The cornerstone was laid 9-21-1919, the dedication for the new place of worship was the fall of 1920. A number of parsonages were erected, also school houses for the religious education of the children in the surrounding area.
Teachers were Chas. Huebner, Herman Schmeiding, and H.J.W. Koester. The depression forced the closing of the school. Instructions for confirmation was conducted on Saturdays and a Sunday School was organized to further religious training.
Trinity Congregation has been called the Mother Church of Missouri Synod Lutheranism in North Dakota as many other church bodies were a result of pastors from Trinity serving and organizing groups at Belford, Lidgerwood rural, Summit, Hankinson, Wahpeton and Fairmount.
In 1975 the 100th anniversary was celebrated with services of praise and thanksgiving for the Organizations within the church are the Lutheran Laymens League, Lutheran Women’s Missionary League, Active Christian Teens, Adult and Youth Bible Classes, Sunday School, adult and children's choirs.
May the faith and sincerity of the past generation be an example to further the work begun by the early settlers.