Corner of 13th & B Streets 1908
With every population increase and prosperity in mining towns, came the worlds oldest profession. Establishments known as brothels were built to last and served a clientele of miners, railroad employees and construction workers.
A former brothel, the saloon was located at the north end of the building. After the "restricted district" was forced to operate in one area, specifically the west end of Ely, the building was sold. The building was operated as the Air Line Apartments for some years. The Whistle Stop now conducts business by renting the apartments in East Ely near the railroad tracks. The site has been completely refurbished and beautifully restored to some of its past elegance.
The other "red light" district is located at the west end of High Street in "Bronc Alley."
White Pine County Classified Ads Pages
Pages designed by
P.O. Box 552
Ruth, NV 89319
FastCounter by LinkExchange