7th and Lyons Streets Built 1907
ST. BARTHOLOMEW EPISCOPAL CHURCH.
Click on thumbnail for full view
After first completing the rectory west of the church, a contract was issued to R. E. Dodson for $10,000 and the cornerstone of the Episcopal edifice was laid on September 15, 1907. Money to build the church was raised by selling hymnals, holding musical benefits and plain old hard work by the early parishioners.
The building represents the "Norman" revival style, popular during the 19th century in Great Britain. The first marriage was held in the basement of the church as it was not yet complete. The first service was held on Christmas Day in the completed church, three months and eighteen days after the cornerstone had been laid.
Pages designed by
P.O. Box 552
Ruth, NV 89319
FastCounter by LinkExchange