Hunter Nevada History

HUNTER - (1872-1909)
19 miles north of US 50, 21 miles west of Ely. By 1877, this little lead and silver camp on the west flank of the Egan Range contained a post office, six saloons, a blacksmith shop, three restaurants, two general stores and about forty houses. Mining ceased here in 1885 until 1905.  In 1909, once again, Hunter died. It is rumored a bootlegger operated a still here during the depression. Foundations and smelter ruins remain.




White Pine Discussion / Message Board 

White Pine Historical and Archaeological Society

White Pine County, Nevada Historical Information

US GenWeb State of Nevada

American Local History Network

This Site is hosted by

RootsWeb, the oldest and largest FREE genealogy site

Site researched and designed by
Shaputis Enterprises,
  Copyright 1996 
PO Box 552 
Ruth, NV 89319
17010 County Road 338
Buena Vista, CO 81211
All rights reserved.
Revised: July 07, 2001