Monte Cristo Nevada History and
MONTE CRISTO -
15 miles south-southeast of US 50, west of
Ely. Discovered by forging prospectors from Austin, Monte Cristo was
the first camp established in the White Pine Mining District.
It is located on the west slope of Mt. Hamilton in 1865. The
mill, a five-stamp for silver, was completed in 1867. Rock walls and
an impressive mill stack remain.