Newark Nevada History and Photos


NEWARK - (1867-ca 1910)
T19N R56E SW1/4 Section 4.  Newark was located by Stephen and John Beard of Austin. They had discovered silver on the east flank of the Diamond Mountains in 1866. The Centenary Co., owned by members of the Methodist Church, set up a 20-stamp mill. The profits from this mill were used  to build a new church in Austin.  Limited mining activity took place over the years due to shallow ore deposits. A mill foundation remains.

 

 

 

White Pine Discussion / Message Board 

White Pine Historical and Archaeological Society

White Pine County, Nevada Historical Information

US GenWeb State of Nevada

American Local History Network

This Site is hosted by

RootsWeb, the oldest and largest FREE genealogy site

Site researched and designed by Webpanda.com
Shaputis Enterprises,
  Copyright 1996 
PO Box 552 
Ruth, NV 89319
775-289-4075
or
17010 County Road 338
Buena Vista, CO 81211
719-395-2515

june@webpanda.com
All rights reserved.
Revised: July 07, 2001