Pinto Nevada History and Photos|
PINTO - (1870-1903)
T18N R54E SW1/4 Section
26. 2 miles north of US 50 at a point 65 miles west of Ely.
The area was originally called Silverado. By 1871, Pinto had
blacksmith shops, boarding houses, a post office, stores, homes and
a population of 75. A $30,000 mill was built in 1872, but shut
down in January 1874 because the mine had no deposits really worth
mining. Some stone walls can be seen. Smelter ruins are east of US
50 just south of Pinto Summit, Eureka County.