Taylor Nevada History and Photos

TAYLOR - (1880)    
4 miles east of US 93,50 and 6 at a point 14 miles south of Ely. After Cherry Creek and Ward declined by 1883, buildings were moved to Taylor. Soon, the  White Pine Reflex newspaper, butcher shops, restaurants, boarding houses, a drugstore, opera house, brewery, post office, a brass band and school were established. Several unmarked burials remain in the Taylor Cemetery.
Click on  photos below to see enlarged view of the town.

taylor5.jpg (61604 bytes)
Taylor, NV 1882
WPH&AS Photo

1916taylor_school2.jpg (171079 bytes)
Taylor School - Waldo E. Rose - Prin. Nov. 26, 1916. Photo sent to WP Hist. & Arch. Soc by James Taylor 1999.

tayler1.jpg (14798 bytes)
Taylor, NV
WPH&AS Photo

 


 

 

 

White Pine Discussion / Message Board 

White Pine Historical and Archaeological Society

White Pine County, Nevada Historical Information

US GenWeb State of Nevada

American Local History Network

This Site is hosted by

RootsWeb, the oldest and largest FREE genealogy site

Site researched and designed by Webpanda.com
Shaputis Enterprises,
  Copyright 1996 
PO Box 552 
Ruth, NV 89319
775-289-4075
or
17010 County Road 338
Buena Vista, CO 81211
719-395-2515

june@webpanda.com
All rights reserved.
Revised: July 07, 2001