VETERAN - (1906-1914)
¼ mile west
of Kimberly. The Cumberland-Ely Copper Co. owned the Veteran shaft
and the town did not last long. Veteran became the western terminus
of the Nevada Northern Railway. Once, the town had about fifty
buildings including; a three-story office, boarding house, and
several bunkhouses. The land the town was on was required to
further mining exploration and the town was in the way. Most
of the buildings were moved to Ruth in 1914 and in 1957, the few
remaining buildings were moved to New Ruth.
Type in "Vetren" (sic) - panoramic
views. Library of Congress, American Memory "Taking the
Long View: Panoramic Photographs, 1851 - 1991.