- Query:Calkins/Huntley/Warren Researcher:Dawn Curtis Email:Dawn Curtis - firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted:January 14 1998 Sheldon Huntley WARREN, b 1818 NY m 1841 Sarah (Sally) CALKINS, b 1831 NY. Their children: Ira DeForest (1842), Charles Homer (1847), William Berthier (1850), Martha Viola (1852). In the 1850 census, they are living in Plainfield, Otsego Co. NY, very near Charles and Caliste (CALKINS)WARREN. [Charles and Caliste were married in Chenango Co in 1840. Their children were: Seth (1842), Mary (1844), Francis (1848).] They were also living near several HUNTLEY families, and with Sheldon's middle name Huntley, there may be a connection. Were Sheldon and Charles brothers? Were Sally and Caliste sisters? Who were the parents of these people? Is there a HUNTLEY connection? Sheldon, Sally, and their families moved to Minnesota in the 1860s. Ira DeForest WARREN was a prisoner in Andersonville Prison during the Civil War.
- Query: CALKIN-SEYMOUR CEMETERY Researcher: Judy Email:email@example.com
Date Posted: 27 June 2003
Have you ever heard of a Calkin-Seymour Cemetery somewhere in Otsego Co.
I have been told I have ancestors buried there, but have been unable to
locate the cemetery.
- Query:CAMPBELL Researcher: Annette Campbell Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: March 4 2007 Mar 4 I'm looking to find the parents of Oliver H. P.(Hazzard Perry) Campbell who was born in Otsego Co, NY on 14 Sep 1819. He married Elizabeth R. Wires b. 10 Jun 1820 who was of Springville, Erie Co, NY at time of marriage, 10 Jul 1841, but born in Otsego Co, NY. Oliver served in the Civil War from 1864 as a Private with Co I 189th Reg from Steuben County, NY until his death on 10 Mar 1865 at City Point Hospital, Hopewell City, VA of Typhoid Pneumonia. He and Elizabeth are buried in North Bingham Cemetery, North Bingham, Potter Co, PA. They had 3 children: Ellen L. b. 1843 in Eaton, Madison Co, NY Frances E. b. 1844 in Eaton, Madison Co, NY Lyman B. b. 1849 in Eaton, Madison Co, NY Any help finding parents would be most helpful. I'm working toward adding him to my mothers Campbell line from Cherry Valley, NY.
- Query: CAMPBELL Researcher: Adrienne Gutierrez Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 21 October 2003 I search for information about the ancestry of my gggrandfather, DANIEL CAMPBELL,
born in Springfield Center in 1812. He married MARIA NEUHOFF of Palatine in 1834.
He is possibly a descendent of JOHN CAMPBELL (1744-1833) who was placed on the
pension rolls in Otsego County at age 89. He was born in Oxford Mass and died
in Milford, NY. Any help will be appreciated.
- Query:Capewell Researcher:Jo. Rozario Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted:September 25 2006 I am trying to locate my great uncle Arthur Capewell who arrived in US via Ellis Island on the 6th of March 1911. He arrived on the Baltic out of Liverpool and is registered as going to Richfield Springs. The sister who loved him dearly and never ever saw Him gain Edith Annie died sadly in 1982 aged just under 90 Years old. I would love to hear who he married and who his Children were and if they are still in the area and would like to Make contact with UK relatives. I am certain that Arthur must Now be dead but would dearly love to know whether he lead A happy life. If any relatives would like to get in touch with me If they are still around I can be contacted on England 01743 233471. Thank you for reading this heart felt missive. Regards Jo. Rozario.
I have found out a bit more about Arthur Capewell, his date of birth
was 17th June, 1887 and he was born in Chadsmoor, Staffordshire and
not Eccleshall as I originally thought. Thank you for your help in this matter.
- Query:CAREY/CARY/STOCKIN/STOCKING/JACKSON Researcher: Norman Carey Jackson Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 03 Dec 04 I am the gr-grandson of James Alfred Jackson b. 1852 in Springfield, Otsego County son of Leonard James Jackson & Adaline Stockin. Adeline was the Dau of Otis & Prudence who were the parents of at least 12 children. James would marry Mary Carey b. 1851 Dau of Henry & Elizabeth Moore Carey/Cary of Cherry Valley, NY in 1869. James & Mary owned the Jackson Ice Company at lakefront at the end of Bay/Nelson street which is now on land owned by the Otesago Hotel. James would remarry after the death of Mary to Mary Bice of Pierstown. I would be interested in hearing from any descenents/ members of the Jackson; Carey/Cary; Stockin/Stocking families.
- Surnames: CARTWRIGHT Researcher: XXXX Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 16 June 2003 I am searching for a Cartwright family from the Richfield Springs area @ 1880- 1925.
One family member was named Harry Cartwright and was possibly the son of William
Cartwright who originally came from Schoharie County, NY. This Harry would have
been born in the winter of 1902. I believe he died in 1972,but I don't have access
to newspapers of the area to double check this.
Thanks for any leads on the Cartwright family.
- Query:Chapin Researcher:Wendy Black Email: wendy black - email@example.com Date Posted:January 7 1998 CHAPIN,Anna.b 03 JUN 1793/4 near Plainfield,OTSEGO CO.NY...D 13 MAR 1854 and buried Centre Lisle, BROOME CO, NY. Need anc. not in CHAPIN GEN. m.c. 1811, probably Plainfield, Rueben(6) ROOD b 16 MAR 1791, son of Ezra(5) and Parthena (WARNER),children:6 sons, Idau...Have desc. for son Latroop and wife Lucy (TWINING), buried Centre Lisle.
- Query:CHERRY VALLEY FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH Researcher: Mike Hotaling Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 26 January 2004
I am seeking church records for Cherry Valley area form 1840 - 1870,
specifically the First Presbyterian Church, or any others as well.
- Query: CHILDS Researcher: Suzanne Bronder Email:Sbrondersr@aol.com Date Posted: 17 Feb 05 PLEASE FIND THE DATE OF MARRIAGE AND PLACE THEY MARRIED FOR CHESTER CHILDS
WHO WAS BORN 1833 IN OTSEGO COUNTY, NY. HIS PARENTS ARE BENJAMIN CHILDS AND
CHRISTINA BEADLE CHILDS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
- Query: CHARLES CHRISTIAN Researcher: Charles White Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 12 December 2005 I am seeking any information on a Charles Christian born abt 1855 in Prattsville(?)
to Avery Christian and Abigail Christian and lived in Unadilla in the early 1900's.
His sister was married to a man named Freeman and they also lived in Unadilla. Any
information would be appreciated. Thank you,
- Query:Clark Researcher:Nancy Forster Email:Nancy Forster, Kansas or Nannette57@aol.com Date Posted:January 1 1998 Seeking info on ancestors of my 2nd great grandfather Samuel Andrew CLARK, b: Jan. 9, 1849, d: Jan 5,1924 in the village of Laurens, Otsego Co., NY. He was married to Sarah BARTON who died in Laurens in 1923. Samuels parents were Richard CLARK and Maryette PATTENGILL. Parents of Sarah BARTON were Danfort BARTON and Laura DREW. They had one child Jennie CLARK, b: Aug. 26, 1875, d: 1915. Also seeking info on ancestors of Claude T. HERRING, b: Dec. 14, 1892, d: Sept. 16, 1962 in Laurens, NY. I was born in Oneonta and lived the first ten years of my life in Laurens, NY. Would like to return for a visit some day. Any info on these family names would be appreciated.
- Query: COLBURN/BASS/PALMER/McFARLAND/LOOMIS/HULBERT/SHELDON
Researcher: Edward Colburn Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 27 Nov 2004 All pioneer families of Plainfield , Burlington & Edmeston. Will exchange
family information with anyone sharing these family named.
- Query: COLE Researcher: Lori Driver Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 12 April 05 I am searching for a Cole family that lived in Cherry Valley in 1840's .
Henry Cole born c1816/1817 NY , wife Nancy Cole born 1817 NY or RI,
and two sons Dewitt Clinton Cole , born 27 August 1844, and Edgar E.
Cole , born 22 Septemebr 1846. Both sons supposedly born in Cherry Valley.
Any help or information would be greatly appreciated ! thank you!
- Query: COOK/FENTON/GOOSELL/FISH Researcher: Kay Brownell Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 13 March 2006 According to our records James Austin COOK was b 14 Nov 1833 in Otsego Co., NY,
to Nathan COOK and Almira ??? He had a brother, William, b 10 Nov 1838. James
Austin COOK m. 13 Nov 1864 in Schuyler Lake (Otsego) NY Harriet Arinda (Almira?)
FENTON b 4 Apr 1842 in Chenango Co., NY. Her father was Philo FENTON, mother Mary
GOODSELL(whose parents were Levi Goodsell and Arinda DuPuy(ee). Their children were:
Charles William COOK b 20 Apr 1866 Oneida Co., NY. m 1) Cora M. BRONG 2) Mary
Frances SMITH; Edgar Philo COOK b 4 Aug 1867 Canisteo (Steuben) NY m 1) Emma Estella
COLE 2) Carrie L. CHILSON; Clara Maria COOK b 14 Jan 1870 Canisteo (Steuben) NY m
Charles E. FENTON; Harriet Almira COOK 5 Jun 1871 Canisteo (Steuben) NY d 23 Mar
1886; Lura Lovina COOK b 7 Jan 1873 Canisteo (Steuben) NY m. William SMEDLEY;
Alice LUcina COOK b 22 Jul 1874 Canisteo (Steuben) NY m. Frank Lee KNAPP; Willis
Austin COOK b 27 Nov 1875 Canisteo (Steuben) NY d unmarried; James MIlton COOK b
1 Oct 1878 Canisteo (Steuben) NY m 1) Emily V. JOHNSON 2) Charlotte MARBLE; Albert
Morris COOK b 14 Aug 1880 d 25 Jan 1902; Infant COOK b 31 Aug 1881 Canisteo
(Steuben) NY. There is a HIRAM FISH buried with James and Harriett - it is said
they raised him or he was a brother??
Anything at all on the COOK/FENTON/FISH line would be greatly appreciated.
- Surnames: COOKE Researcher: XXXX Email:Paula963@webtv.net Date Posted: 13 May 2003 MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER WAS KATHARINE RUSSELL BEACH..SHE WAS MARRIED TO PAUL BRYON
COOKE..I AM CURIOUS ABOUT HIS CONNECTION WITH THE PANAMA (NICARAGUA) CANAL AND
WHAT THE FAMILY DID DURING THE CIVIL WAR....ALSO, MY DAUGHTER WHO IS A 2ND LT
IN THE ARMY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR CONNECTIONS...I HAVE
SOME FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHS, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHO SOME OF THE PEOPLE ARE AS MY FATHER
AUGUSTUS PAUL COOKE IS DECEASED...THANKS...
- Surnames: COOPER Researcher: Marlys Email:Momarlys@cs.com Date Posted: 29 May 2003 We are looking for the ancestors of Horatio Nelson Cooper b. 1815 NY according
to the 1880 Michigan census. Any help greatly appreciated. If anyone has the 1820 census to do a lookup
for Horatio that would help.
- Surnames: COOPER Researcher: XXXX Email:email@example.com
Date Posted: 13 April 2003 Looking for a James Cooper born in the year 1818. Do you have him hiding anywhere?
- Query: COWEL Researcher: Joan Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 05 November 2003 I am searching for a Benjamin Cowel born in 1777 in Connecticut. He was
a single man on 1800 census living in Exeter. He married a Sally or Sarah
Beckwith and for or five children were born there including my gggrandfather
born in 1812. I believe Sally Beckwith's father was Anderson Beckwith.
I have searched everywhere for the father of Benjamin Cowel (1777) and where
they were in Connecticut. Would appreciate any information on these people
as I am really stuck. I think he may have been involved with the first
Baptist Church but I am not certain. Thanks
- Query: CROSS/NORRIS/TAYLOR Researcher: Jim Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 30 October 2005 I am looking for information about the marriage of Michael Cross and Mary A.
Norris in Osego County. I am also looking for info on James Norris and Sarah
Taylor who were the parents of Mary A Norris.
- Query: CULLINGS/TEN EYCK Researcher: Jenny Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 28 July 2004 I am looking for anyone that has any information or has remembered seeing some of these names. Hugh Cullings m. Polly Ten Eyck 15 JAN 1816 Presbyterian Church, Cooperstown, Otsego, New York. They had a daughter Julia born 09 Mar 1831in the state of NY, but not sure which city.
I am pretty sure that these 2 people are her parents, but I am just trying to confirm my hunches.
With that link, I'm trying to find out information about Julia's husband, Charles Franklin Vaughn.
If anyone can help, please email me.
Thank you for your time!
- Query:Cumming(s) Researcher:Barry Moravek Email:Barry C.K. Moravek Barrymor@aol.com Date Posted:January 2 1998 Peleg was b. 20 Apr 1789 in Pownal, Bennington Co., Vermont and removed with father Thomas and grandfather Stephen Sr. to Otsego Co., New York in 1789/90. He married #1 Lepha CROSSMAN about 1812 prob. in Otsego Co. She was the daughter of Racheal______________. Lepha died 17 Oct 1824 in Otsego Co., NY. They had four children: William Franklin Cummings b. 13 Nov 1812 in Ostego Co., NY d. 10 May 1840; Elcy Cummings b. 6 May 1816 died 5 Mar 1851 in Atlas, Gen. Co., MI.; Horatio James Cummins b. 9 Jan 1818 d. 21 Mar 1883, MI.; Candance Almira Cummings b. 10 June 1823 d. in infancy 15 Sep 1824. These children went to Michigan with Grandmother Rachel CROSSMAN in 1836. PELEG was still in New York in 1830 and married #2 PRUDENCE WINSLOW 12 Apr 1827 in Cooperstown, Otsego Co., NY. they had at least two daughters b. between 1825-1830. What happened to Peleg and this second family?
- Query: CUSHMAN/MURDOCK/VANAUKEN Researcher: Karl Blixt Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 05 July 05 I am looking for any information about the Cushman, Murdock and Van Auken families from around the Richfield Springs, West Winfield, or Schuyler Lake areas.
- Query: Researcher: Email: Date Posted