- Query:Calkins/Huntley/Warren Researcher:Dawn Curtis Email:Dawn Curtis - email@example.com Date Posted:January 14 1998 Sheldon Huntley WARREN, b 1818 NY m 1841 Sarah (Sally) CALKINS, b 1831 NY. Their children: Ira DeForest (1842), Charles Homer (1847), William Berthier (1850), Martha Viola (1852). In the 1850 census, they are living in Plainfield, Otsego Co. NY, very near Charles and Caliste (CALKINS)WARREN. [Charles and Caliste were married in Chenango Co in 1840. Their children were: Seth (1842), Mary (1844), Francis (1848).] They were also living near several HUNTLEY families, and with Sheldon's middle name Huntley, there may be a connection. Were Sheldon and Charles brothers? Were Sally and Caliste sisters? Who were the parents of these people? Is there a HUNTLEY connection? Sheldon, Sally, and their families moved to Minnesota in the 1860s. Ira DeForest WARREN was a prisoner in Andersonville Prison during the Civil War.
- Query: CALKIN-SEYMOUR CEMETERY Researcher: Judy Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 27 June 2003
Have you ever heard of a Calkin-Seymour Cemetery somewhere in Otsego Co.
I have been told I have ancestors buried there, but have been unable to
locate the cemetery.
- Query:CAMPBELL Researcher: Annette Campbell Email:email@example.com Date Posted: March 4 2007 Mar 4 I'm looking to find the parents of Oliver H. P.(Hazzard Perry) Campbell who was born in Otsego Co, NY on 14 Sep 1819. He married Elizabeth R. Wires b. 10 Jun 1820 who was of Springville, Erie Co, NY at time of marriage, 10 Jul 1841, but born in Otsego Co, NY. Oliver served in the Civil War from 1864 as a Private with Co I 189th Reg from Steuben County, NY until his death on 10 Mar 1865 at City Point Hospital, Hopewell City, VA of Typhoid Pneumonia. He and Elizabeth are buried in North Bingham Cemetery, North Bingham, Potter Co, PA. They had 3 children: Ellen L. b. 1843 in Eaton, Madison Co, NY Frances E. b. 1844 in Eaton, Madison Co, NY Lyman B. b. 1849 in Eaton, Madison Co, NY Any help finding parents would be most helpful. I'm working toward adding him to my mothers Campbell line from Cherry Valley, NY.
- Query: CAMPBELL Researcher: Adrienne Gutierrez Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 21 October 2003 I search for information about the ancestry of my gggrandfather, DANIEL CAMPBELL,
born in Springfield Center in 1812. He married MARIA NEUHOFF of Palatine in 1834.
He is possibly a descendent of JOHN CAMPBELL (1744-1833) who was placed on the
pension rolls in Otsego County at age 89. He was born in Oxford Mass and died
in Milford, NY. Any help will be appreciated.
- Query:Capewell Researcher:Jo. Rozario Email:email@example.com Date Posted:September 25 2006 I am trying to locate my great uncle Arthur Capewell who arrived in US via Ellis Island on the 6th of March 1911. He arrived on the Baltic out of Liverpool and is registered as going to Richfield Springs. The sister who loved him dearly and never ever saw Him gain Edith Annie died sadly in 1982 aged just under 90 Years old. I would love to hear who he married and who his Children were and if they are still in the area and would like to Make contact with UK relatives. I am certain that Arthur must Now be dead but would dearly love to know whether he lead A happy life. If any relatives would like to get in touch with me If they are still around I can be contacted on England 01743 233471. Thank you for reading this heart felt missive. Regards Jo. Rozario.
I have found out a bit more about Arthur Capewell, his date of birth
was 17th June, 1887 and he was born in Chadsmoor, Staffordshire and
not Eccleshall as I originally thought. Thank you for your help in this matter.
- Query:CAREY/CARY/STOCKIN/STOCKING/JACKSON Researcher: Norman Carey Jackson Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 03 Dec 04 I am the gr-grandson of James Alfred Jackson b. 1852 in Springfield, Otsego County son of Leonard James Jackson & Adaline Stockin. Adeline was the Dau of Otis & Prudence who were the parents of at least 12 children. James would marry Mary Carey b. 1851 Dau of Henry & Elizabeth Moore Carey/Cary of Cherry Valley, NY in 1869. James & Mary owned the Jackson Ice Company at lakefront at the end of Bay/Nelson street which is now on land owned by the Otesago Hotel. James would remarry after the death of Mary to Mary Bice of Pierstown. I would be interested in hearing from any descenents/ members of the Jackson; Carey/Cary; Stockin/Stocking families.
- Surnames: CARTWRIGHT Researcher: XXXX Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 16 June 2003 I am searching for a Cartwright family from the Richfield Springs area @ 1880- 1925.
One family member was named Harry Cartwright and was possibly the son of William
Cartwright who originally came from Schoharie County, NY. This Harry would have
been born in the winter of 1902. I believe he died in 1972,but I don't have access
to newspapers of the area to double check this.
Thanks for any leads on the Cartwright family.
- Query:Chapin Researcher:Wendy Black Email: wendy black - firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted:January 7 1998 CHAPIN,Anna.b 03 JUN 1793/4 near Plainfield,OTSEGO CO.NY...D 13 MAR 1854 and buried Centre Lisle, BROOME CO, NY. Need anc. not in CHAPIN GEN. m.c. 1811, probably Plainfield, Rueben(6) ROOD b 16 MAR 1791, son of Ezra(5) and Parthena (WARNER),children:6 sons, Idau...Have desc. for son Latroop and wife Lucy (TWINING), buried Centre Lisle.
- Query:CHERRY VALLEY FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH Researcher: Mike Hotaling Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 26 January 2004
I am seeking church records for Cherry Valley area form 1840 - 1870,
specifically the First Presbyterian Church, or any others as well.
- Query: CHILDS Researcher: Suzanne Bronder Email:Sbrondersr@aol.com Date Posted: 17 Feb 05 PLEASE FIND THE DATE OF MARRIAGE AND PLACE THEY MARRIED FOR CHESTER CHILDS
WHO WAS BORN 1833 IN OTSEGO COUNTY, NY. HIS PARENTS ARE BENJAMIN CHILDS AND
CHRISTINA BEADLE CHILDS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
- Query: CHARLES CHRISTIAN Researcher: Charles White Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 12 December 2005 I am seeking any information on a Charles Christian born abt 1855 in Prattsville(?)
to Avery Christian and Abigail Christian and lived in Unadilla in the early 1900's.
His sister was married to a man named Freeman and they also lived in Unadilla. Any
information would be appreciated. Thank you,
- Query:Clark Researcher:Nancy Forster Email:Nancy Forster, Kansas or Nannette57@aol.com Date Posted:January 1 1998 Seeking info on ancestors of my 2nd great grandfather Samuel Andrew CLARK, b: Jan. 9, 1849, d: Jan 5,1924 in the village of Laurens, Otsego Co., NY. He was married to Sarah BARTON who died in Laurens in 1923. Samuels parents were Richard CLARK and Maryette PATTENGILL. Parents of Sarah BARTON were Danfort BARTON and Laura DREW. They had one child Jennie CLARK, b: Aug. 26, 1875, d: 1915. Also seeking info on ancestors of Claude T. HERRING, b: Dec. 14, 1892, d: Sept. 16, 1962 in Laurens, NY. I was born in Oneonta and lived the first ten years of my life in Laurens, NY. Would like to return for a visit some day. Any info on these family names would be appreciated.
- Query: COLBURN/BASS/PALMER/McFARLAND/LOOMIS/HULBERT/SHELDON
Researcher: Edward Colburn Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 27 Nov 2004 All pioneer families of Plainfield , Burlington & Edmeston. Will exchange
family information with anyone sharing these family named.
- Query: COLE Researcher: Lori Driver Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 12 April 05 I am searching for a Cole family that lived in Cherry Valley in 1840's .
Henry Cole born c1816/1817 NY , wife Nancy Cole born 1817 NY or RI,
and two sons Dewitt Clinton Cole , born 27 August 1844, and Edgar E.
Cole , born 22 Septemebr 1846. Both sons supposedly born in Cherry Valley.
Any help or information would be greatly appreciated ! thank you!
- Query: COOK/FENTON/GOOSELL/FISH Researcher: Kay Brownell Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 13 March 2006 According to our records James Austin COOK was b 14 Nov 1833 in Otsego Co., NY,
to Nathan COOK and Almira ??? He had a brother, William, b 10 Nov 1838. James
Austin COOK m. 13 Nov 1864 in Schuyler Lake (Otsego) NY Harriet Arinda (Almira?)
FENTON b 4 Apr 1842 in Chenango Co., NY. Her father was Philo FENTON, mother Mary
GOODSELL(whose parents were Levi Goodsell and Arinda DuPuy(ee). Their children were:
Charles William COOK b 20 Apr 1866 Oneida Co., NY. m 1) Cora M. BRONG 2) Mary
Frances SMITH; Edgar Philo COOK b 4 Aug 1867 Canisteo (Steuben) NY m 1) Emma Estella
COLE 2) Carrie L. CHILSON; Clara Maria COOK b 14 Jan 1870 Canisteo (Steuben) NY m
Charles E. FENTON; Harriet Almira COOK 5 Jun 1871 Canisteo (Steuben) NY d 23 Mar
1886; Lura Lovina COOK b 7 Jan 1873 Canisteo (Steuben) NY m. William SMEDLEY;
Alice LUcina COOK b 22 Jul 1874 Canisteo (Steuben) NY m. Frank Lee KNAPP; Willis
Austin COOK b 27 Nov 1875 Canisteo (Steuben) NY d unmarried; James MIlton COOK b
1 Oct 1878 Canisteo (Steuben) NY m 1) Emily V. JOHNSON 2) Charlotte MARBLE; Albert
Morris COOK b 14 Aug 1880 d 25 Jan 1902; Infant COOK b 31 Aug 1881 Canisteo
(Steuben) NY. There is a HIRAM FISH buried with James and Harriett - it is said
they raised him or he was a brother??
Anything at all on the COOK/FENTON/FISH line would be greatly appreciated.
- Surnames: COOKE Researcher: XXXX Email:Paula963@webtv.net Date Posted: 13 May 2003 MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER WAS KATHARINE RUSSELL BEACH..SHE WAS MARRIED TO PAUL BRYON
COOKE..I AM CURIOUS ABOUT HIS CONNECTION WITH THE PANAMA (NICARAGUA) CANAL AND
WHAT THE FAMILY DID DURING THE CIVIL WAR....ALSO, MY DAUGHTER WHO IS A 2ND LT
IN THE ARMY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR CONNECTIONS...I HAVE
SOME FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHS, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHO SOME OF THE PEOPLE ARE AS MY FATHER
AUGUSTUS PAUL COOKE IS DECEASED...THANKS...
- Surnames: COOPER Researcher: Marlys Email:Momarlys@cs.com Date Posted: 29 May 2003 We are looking for the ancestors of Horatio Nelson Cooper b. 1815 NY according
to the 1880 Michigan census. Any help greatly appreciated. If anyone has the 1820 census to do a lookup
for Horatio that would help.
- Surnames: COOPER Researcher: XXXX Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 13 April 2003 Looking for a James Cooper born in the year 1818. Do you have him hiding anywhere?
- Query: COWEL Researcher: Joan Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 05 November 2003 I am searching for a Benjamin Cowel born in 1777 in Connecticut. He was
a single man on 1800 census living in Exeter. He married a Sally or Sarah
Beckwith and for or five children were born there including my gggrandfather
born in 1812. I believe Sally Beckwith's father was Anderson Beckwith.
I have searched everywhere for the father of Benjamin Cowel (1777) and where
they were in Connecticut. Would appreciate any information on these people
as I am really stuck. I think he may have been involved with the first
Baptist Church but I am not certain. Thanks
- Query: CROSS/NORRIS/TAYLOR Researcher: Jim Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 30 October 2005 I am looking for information about the marriage of Michael Cross and Mary A.
Norris in Osego County. I am also looking for info on James Norris and Sarah
Taylor who were the parents of Mary A Norris.
- Query: CULLINGS/TEN EYCK Researcher: Jenny Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 28 July 2004 I am looking for anyone that has any information or has remembered seeing some of these names. Hugh Cullings m. Polly Ten Eyck 15 JAN 1816 Presbyterian Church, Cooperstown, Otsego, New York. They had a daughter Julia born 09 Mar 1831in the state of NY, but not sure which city.
I am pretty sure that these 2 people are her parents, but I am just trying to confirm my hunches.
With that link, I'm trying to find out information about Julia's husband, Charles Franklin Vaughn.
If anyone can help, please email me.
Thank you for your time!
- Query:Cumming(s) Researcher:Barry Moravek Email:Barry C.K. Moravek Barrymor@aol.com Date Posted:January 2 1998 Peleg was b. 20 Apr 1789 in Pownal, Bennington Co., Vermont and removed with father Thomas and grandfather Stephen Sr. to Otsego Co., New York in 1789/90. He married #1 Lepha CROSSMAN about 1812 prob. in Otsego Co. She was the daughter of Racheal______________. Lepha died 17 Oct 1824 in Otsego Co., NY. They had four children: William Franklin Cummings b. 13 Nov 1812 in Ostego Co., NY d. 10 May 1840; Elcy Cummings b. 6 May 1816 died 5 Mar 1851 in Atlas, Gen. Co., MI.; Horatio James Cummins b. 9 Jan 1818 d. 21 Mar 1883, MI.; Candance Almira Cummings b. 10 June 1823 d. in infancy 15 Sep 1824. These children went to Michigan with Grandmother Rachel CROSSMAN in 1836. PELEG was still in New York in 1830 and married #2 PRUDENCE WINSLOW 12 Apr 1827 in Cooperstown, Otsego Co., NY. they had at least two daughters b. between 1825-1830. What happened to Peleg and this second family?
- Query: CUSHMAN/MURDOCK/VANAUKEN Researcher: Karl Blixt Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 05 July 05 I am looking for any information about the Cushman, Murdock and Van Auken families from around the Richfield Springs, West Winfield, or Schuyler Lake areas.
- Query: Researcher: Email: Date Posted
Looking for info. on some Cherry Valley Campbells. JAMES CAMPBELL the immigrant had a son JOHN CAMPBELL from his marriage to his first wife, JANE HUMPHREY. JOHN CAMPBELL m. ELEANOR RAMSEY and she married CAPT. SAMUEL CAMPBELL (of Balmory), her cousin. They had a son JAMES CAMPBELL, date of birth unknown, who probably married SUSAN SLASM. Need info. on this union. thanks. Nancy Ulrich Sun Apr 13 10:11:12 1997
Looking for info on Edward Caney & .... Miller parents of Benjamin Caney, b. 1800, m. 19 Jan 1821, Richfield Springs, NY to Jane Ashton (John & Mary Wakefield).Have much info on Caney line. Will share.
Bob Charpentier Mon Feb 10 14:10:52 1997
Searching for information on Alanson Blake Carleton, b 29 Oct 1803, Burlington, Otsego, NY, m Cena Tucker, b 28 Sep 1804, Burlington, Otsego, NY. Alanson Blake Carleton son of Darius Carleton, b abt 1777, and Mehitable Bostwick, b abt 1781. Cena Tucker daughter of Ziba Tucker, b abt 1778, and Nabbie E Goodsell, b abt 1782.
Bruce Coonrod Mon Dec 30 16:52:53 1996
Looking for info on CASS family of Decator, Otsego Co. New York. Thank You.
MJ BURN Tue Oct 29 14:20:42 1996
Looking for information about EDSON and CHAMBERLAIN in Otsego Co. Am specifically interested in Elisha CHAMBERLAIN who m. Sylvia EDSON, dau. of Joseph EDSON. Elisha appears to be the son of Elisha CHAMBERLAIN. There also seem to be other instances of this CHAMBERLAIN family marrying members of the EDSON family. Any help would be appreciated.
M. Dulin Thu Jan 2 16:25:32 1997
Hattie Estelle Chapman, b Fly Creek Ny 08 Jan 1878 m Byron Crandall in West Edmeston 16 October 1895. d Norwich area 23 Dec 1961. Her parents are Thomas Chapman and Flora Cone. Seeking info on her ancestors, siblings etc. s/ her grandson doug crandall in gales ferry ct.
douglas crandall Wed Feb 19 18:26:25 1997
Seeking any info about Amasa B. Chase(1795-9/11/1881) and wife Elizabeth ??(b.1801). In 1850 census they lived in St. Johnsville Town, Herkimer Cty. About then they moved to Otsego Cty. where their oldest daughter, Elizabeth M.(b. 1/13/1827), married Isaac Hoke. 1860 and 1880 census shows them in Otsego, Otsego Cty.
Wed Jan 1 12:42:23 1997
Seeking information on parents of Timothy CLARK, b. June 3, 1794, husband of Sophia SMITH. They were married March 28, 1821, St. Luke's Church, Monticello Village, near Richfield Springs. He was a Quaker and a wagon-maker. Sophia and Timothy CLARK went to Michigan in 1834.
Mon Feb 3 09:35:26 1997
John S. Clark(e) b. Ilion (Herkimer) NY 1850 (per death certificate New Haven CT 1907) Father John S. Clark(e). No record found. At birth of his daughter "Bessie Enola" 1886 East Hartford CT, he was listed as being from Middlefield (Otsego) NY. No record there either. He worked in Hartford CT and New Haven as a "forger" in drop forge companies. Any information welcome. pls respond to:
strong> Mon Feb 10 18:42:27 1997
My ancestor John CLINTON, Jr. born 4 May 1752 in Fairfield, CT married Maay Scribner of Norwalk, CT and they moved to Ballston, NY then to Otesgo Co., NY. She died and he married 2) Elizabeth ________ widow of _____ DARBY. John and Elizabeth were my ancestors. The had one child SAMANTHA CLINTON, who married Sylvanus MALLARY in Cuba, Allegany Co., NY. John Clinton had died in 1832 - did her mother remarry and move to Allegany Co.? How and why was Samantha there. Samantha was born 14 Feb 1814 and she & Sylvanus were my Great gr. grandparents. Who was her mother Elizabeth ____and who was the _______ DARBY she was the widow of? Hope someone can help!
strong>Sat Mar 29 20:09:41 1997
I am descended from Zechariah COE b. 1757 in Litchfield CT m. @1785 to Miriam CALKINS (ancestry unknown). He fought in the Revolution from Litchfield and filed a pension application from Burlington, Otsego Co NY. Children were Cyrus (my ancestor m. Elsie FENTON), Lois, Lucy, Elizabeth, Persis. Details of my research can be found on my web site http://members.aol.com/janau
Sat Mar 15 13:18:34 1997
I am searching for information on a circuit riding preacher man,,from the Canisteo area. His wife was Mary Hopkins. A daughter, Agnes married Jonathon Knapp of Otsego CO. Jonathon Knapp is buried near Jasper NY..Marsh Hill RD. Am looking for info on the Cole's and Israel in particular.
Fri Feb 28 11:21:27 1997
Trying to locate info on Simeon COOK, Montgomery County, New York, 1800 New York State Census. Reel #4, Page 12. Simeon COOK, Dutchess County, New York, 1800 New York State Census. Reel #1, Page 137. Believe one of these to be husband of Polly BALDWIN. Had 7 children. Child #2 Daniel COOK b:1802, Otsego County, New York. Married Phoebe ROUSE, @ 1823. They had 4 children. Samuel COOK b:1824, Susquehanna Co., PA., Joel COOK b:1826, Otsego Co., N.Y., John COOK, and Lydia COOK. Simeon COOK died and buried in Susquehanna Co., Montrose, PA.
Wed Nov 6 17:44:23 1996
Looking for info on one Noah COOK b. May 20, 1806 d. Nov 8, 1844 Noah was married to Mary ? b.Aug 4,1812 d.Mar 15, 1876. Noah was located on the 1840 census living in CherryValley. I'd like to learn more about him for he a possible connection to my line of Cook's.
Tue Jan 14 10:58:43 1997
I'm looking for James Austin COOK b. Oct 14, 1833 CherryValley Otsego CO. NY d. April 2, 1906 Canisteo Steuben CO NY James married on Nov 13, 1864 to Harriett Arinda FENTON They had 10 children all born in Canisteo NY. I'm having problems with locating James parents and siblings. I located James on the 1850 census of Otsego Co pg 39. On the census he was living as a farm hand for another family at the age of 17, while viewing the census I located several other COOK children living in different homes. So it's possible that James's Parents were no longer living in 1850. The 1940 census was of no help. If you know of James's family Please E-mail.
Sun Jan 12 11:25:46 1997
CORNELL, Peleg B., b. Nov 1833, New York; m. Janette Chisholm, b. Mar 1838, Otsego County Children: 1. Katie Cornell, b. abt 1865, in NY 2. Mattie T. Cornell, b. Apr 1874; m. Elmer D. Ross, b. Apr 1874, in NY 3. May (Mary) Cornell, b. Jan 1872, in NY; m. Arthur Reed Any info on dates and locations of births, marriages and deaths will be appreciated.
Thu Dec 5 15:38:48 1996
Seeking any information on Samuel Alvah CRANDALL, born 7 May 1802 probably in Otsego or Chenango Co.
Tue Oct 15 19:17:28 1996
Looking for wills, deeds, death certf. and other on the following ancestors Henry Francis Crandall b1774 in hopkinton ri d vicinity of Brookfield ny 19 april 1859 his wife Lucy Denison Crandall b ct 1778 died vicinity West Edmeston NY 17 march 1844 also Her father George Denison, b in ct 1746, rev war vet died near brookfield in 1832 and my gr.gr. grandfather Henry Denison Crandall b 17 April 1800 Brookfield ny D perhaps in Edmeston or near by on 14 June 1884
Sat Jan 11 10:55:55 1997
CRAPSER and others
Am researching the following from my family tree. Any help will be deeply appreciated. All families are from Schoharie and surrounding counties. Edwin S Crapser b. 7/19/1893 Albert Stevens Austin J McMullen Richard Jeffers d. 1931 Smith E Stilwell b. 8/22/1859 d. 1931 Tobias J VanBuren b. 9/7/1799 Brewster Clark b. 10/17/1771 George Neer b. 11/4/1792 Robert Burnside b. 8/11/1852 d.3/11/1933 Sarah Pulling b. 4/18/1855 d. 4/11/1930
Also searching for information on the following CRAPSERs:
Alvah Crapser b. 10/25/1866 m. Ella Dauley
William Augustus Crapser b. 9/22/1839 m. Elizabeth Weveley
John Crapser b. 1816 m. Betsy Ann Jones
Cornelius Crapser b. in Clinton, NY
John Crapser b. 5/20/1750 m. Charity Ostrom
Any help on filling in the pieces will be greatly appreciated.
Fri Dec 19 10:09:36 1996
CUMMINGS, William and wife Elsie Barber, came from ? to Otesgo Co, NY abt.1810-1830. Daughter Mary, lived with Northrup Family as a house servant, before marrying Jason Wallace, M.D. abt.1859. After, they moved on Oneida, Madison Co, NY. Connection?
Sun Mar 2 18:12:13 1997