- Query: GARDNER Researcher: Hank Hardisty Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 18 December 06 I am looking for information on Dorr Gardner, listed in the 1920 Census, as living
in Hartwick with wife and daughter. His occupations included store clerk, "agent",
Maxwell (automobile) Dealer, and Postmaster for Hartwick. He unsuccessfully ran for
political office in the 20s, as the Democratic candidate for Superintendent of the
Poor. The 1930 Census lists him in the same place, Hartwick, without wife and daughter,
and having an occupation as a dealer in eggs and poultry. Then, it appears he drops off
the face of the earth. Has anyone heard of this family and what may have become of it?
I appreciate any information. Kindest Regards, Hank
- Query: GARDNER Researcher: Jean Gardner Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 21 August 05 I am doing a family genealogy on the Gardner's side. I have found out that my
great-great-grandfather Thomas S. Gardner lived in New York along with his son
Stanton Gardner, my great-grandfather, they left New York and lived and passed
away in Clear Lake, Iowa. Before he had moved he was married to a Lavina Wellman,
she would be my great-grandmother. Everywhere I have gone to try to find out
anything I hit a wall, and still have not found out anything about her, where
and when she was born, who her parents were, ect. My grandfather Marion and
Hattie VanWarner lived in Pittsfield, when my father was born in November of
1893. I also have a Levina Hill that also is my great-grandmother and have not
found any information out on her either, hit a blank wall. I have tried the
Census for that area, but I am on a limited income and can't afford to join
the Anscestry.com or any other pay program just to see if I could find anything. Is there any information that you can give to me that might help me in finding
out about my family from the Pittsfield area. It would be appreciated. I really
would like to put the dates and deaths and other things in my genealogy.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
- Surnames: GARDNER Researcher: Marjorie Bednarek Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 16 June 2003 I am looking for information on the death of Lavinia or Alvira (Wellman)
Gardner, mother of Stanton Thomas Gardner, John Gardner and Adra Jane
Gardner. Lavinia m to Thomas Stanton Gardner probably in the early 1940's.
They divorced about 1853. Lavinia died shortly thereafter and Thomas had,
by then, married to Edna Amelia Clark and moved to Clear Lake, IA. I am
looking for any and all information on Lavinia Wellman Gardner, her parents
etc. Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks!
- Query:Gardner Researcher:Doris Rambikur Email:Doris Rambikur - Oneonta NY - SLT167@aol.com Date Posted:January 8 1998 Seek information on the follwoing two families -
Edson Wheeler - his father was Nicolas-his grandfather was Samuel. they came from Fairfield Ct. around 1805
The other is Orlando Gardner whose father was Potter Gardner married to a Mary. I have no dates when this family came into the Butternut Valley, Otsego County.
- Query:GIFFORD/RANDALL Researcher: Jenny Randall Stork Email:J.email@example.com Date Posted: 24 February 2006 Looking for information on Edward and Bethsheba Gifford-Randall.
They are buried in Old CHurch Cemetary. Would like to know the names of their children etc.
- Query: GLAZIER/GATES Researcher: XXXX Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 12 April 05 I am looking for information on the Glazier and Gates Families. Benjamin C.
Glazier, born in 1820 in New York married Adelaide Maria Gates (I think),
also born in New York. They had 8 children; the first one Sarah, was also
born in New York in 1845. I am not sure that Benjamin is the son of Asa
Glazier of Cherry Valley.
- Surnames: GLENN/VANWOERT Researcher: Annette Campbell Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 19 April 2003 I'm looking for info on the Glenn and VanWoert families of Oneonta.
Mary Buell married a Mr. Glenn. Mary was born in Delaware Co, NY in
1859 to Elizabeth Northrup and Henry "Harry" Buell. Her sister Alice
Buell b. 1857 married Dorr VanWoert. Where are they buried and what
were their childrens names and anything else that you may know of
this family. Elizabeth Northrup died 1911 and is buried with her
second husband Culver Gillett d. 1907 in West Oneonta Cemetery.
- Query:GOOSELL/FISH/COOK/FENTON Researcher: Kay Brownell Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 13 March 2006 According to our records James Austin COOK was b 14 Nov 1833 in Otsego Co.,
NY, to Nathan COOK and Almira ??? He had a brother, William, b 10 Nov 1838.
James Austin COOK m. 13 Nov 1864 in Schuyler Lake (Otsego) NY Harriet Arinda
(Almira?) FENTON b 4 Apr 1842 in Chenango Co., NY. Her father was Philo FENTON,
mother Mary GOODSELL(whose parents were Levi Goodsell and Arinda DuPuy(ee).
Their children were: Charles William COOK b 20 Apr 1866 Oneida Co., NY. m 1)
Cora M. BRONG 2) Mary Frances SMITH; Edgar Philo COOK b 4 Aug 1867 Canisteo
(Steuben) NY m 1) Emma Estella COLE 2) Carrie L. CHILSON; Clara Maria COOK b
14 Jan 1870 Canisteo (Steuben) NY m Charles E. FENTON; Harriet Almira COOK 5
Jun 1871 Canisteo (Steuben) NY d 23 Mar 1886; Lura Lovina COOK b 7 Jan 1873
Canisteo (Steuben) NY m. William SMEDLEY; Alice LUcina COOK b 22 Jul 1874
Canisteo (Steuben) NY m. Frank Lee KNAPP; Willis Austin COOK b 27 Nov 1875
Canisteo (Steuben) NY d unmarried; James MIlton COOK b 1 Oct 1878 Canisteo
(Steuben) NY m 1) Emily V. JOHNSON 2) Charlotte MARBLE; Albert MOrris COOK
b 14 Aug 1880 d 25 Jan 1902; Infant COOK b 31 Aug 1881 Canisteo (Steuben) NY.
There is a HIRAM FISH buried with James and Harriett - it is said they raised
him or he was a brother??
Anything at all on the COOK/FENTON/FISH line would be greatly appreciated.
- Query:GREEN Researcher:Heath Clemens Email:email@example.com Date Posted:September 7 2006 I’m looking for the Family of Seymour Green, born abt. 1794 in NY, and died on
17 Mar 1883 in Osceola, Lewis Co., NY. Seymour married Phoebe Robinson, the 4th
daughter of Micaiah Robinson, and Sarah Ballard, who came from Dudley, Worcester,
MA. Phoebe’s obituary states that she was born in Otsego on16 Mar 1797, and died 22
Feb 1860. Seymour was a land agent for H.B. Pierrepont. He had a brother named
Jabez Green who was born about 1790, also in NY. I’m not sure when Seymour & Phoebe left Otsego Co, but Seymour and Phoebe settled in
Osceola, Lewis County in 1841. Jabez briefly lived in Osceola, but eventually settled
in the town of Redfield. According to Seymour’s War of 1812 pension, he volunteered
for the war at Burlington, Otsego Co., but was refused. He ended up serving as a
substitute for Elijah Wright. Both Seymour and Jabez are listed in the 1830 census
as living in Hartwick. The Green family may have originally been from Vermont,
but there is nothing solid to back that up. Any help in finding his family, and or birthplace would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for any help.
- Query: Researcher: Email: Date Posted