- Query:HAMILTON/BRUCE Researcher: XXXX Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 14 January 2006 I am looking for any information that someone might have regarding Alvin Bruce
and Velma Hamilton. Both are buried in the Fairview Cemetery in New Berlin.
He was born in Oct. 1869, possibly around Worcester and his parents were Samuel
and Mary Bruce. Velma was born in Sept. 1871 in New Berlin and her parents were
Thomas and Pheba Hamilton. I do know that they lived in Lebanon around 1891 and
Pittsfield in 1904. I do have quite a bit of information regarding the Bruce line
prior to Alvin appearing in the New Berlin area but very little on the Hamiltons.
- Query: HAND/NEWELL Researcher: Bobby F. Hand Email:BobbyFHand@cox.net Date Posted: 20 Feb 05 I am "ancestor hunting" for members of the Hand or Newell families - residents
of Laurens, NY. Anyone have any info?
- Query: ISAAC HAYES HOME AND/OR FAMILY Researcher: Laurene Reichardt Wood Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 26 March 2004 I own the "Isaac Hayes" house in Unadilla, NY. I am looking for any pictures
or information of either the family or the house & property itself. I have
enough photos of the park across the street on the banks of the Susquehanna
River - Thank you. Isaac Hayes (not the musician) came to Unadilla around 1800, and he and
Curtis Noble were instrumental in the settling of Unadilla. Any help would
be appreciated. Thank you.
- Query:HANOR/HAYNER Researcher:Deborah Sweet Email:DeborahSweet@msn.com Date Posted 11 June 2006 WILLIAM AUGUSTUS HANOR/HAYNER; Found living in the OTSEGO Co. ALMSHOUSE as an
"Inmate" on the Census enumerated 1/19/1920, where his name appears as AUGUSTUS
W. HAYNER, age 83y. The Almshouse was located in MIDDLEFIELD. Can anyone tell me if there was a
cemetery attached to the Almshouse, or a Pauper's lot in some local cemetery which
may now be lost? Or any cemeteries in Middlefield which are not enumerated online?
I am having great difficulty locating the death and burial of William, which must
have occurred sometime after 1/19/1920. FURTHER, William is listed as "MARRIED,"
but his wife is not there that I can see (the census image is extremely faint -
even Ancestry.com could not decipher it and so he is not in their index), and
Hannah does not appear anywhere on this census under the name Hanor or its
variants. She is not with her daughter Ida, either.
I am also trying to locate his wife, HANNAH E. (SNYDER) HANOR (d/o Anthony & Roxy
(nee?) SNYDER). Hannah last appears on the 1900 Census with William, in MILFORD.
The twist is, that in 1910, William is still living without Hannah, in Otsego
(Town of), on a "Farm Estate" managed by Jay D. Wilson. William is listed as a
"Hired Man, Farm Laborer, Working Out," with his age given as 69y. He gives his
MARITAL STATUS as "MARRIED (1) [for] 40 years. Not Widowed, not Divorced. So
where is Hannah? She does not appear anywhere on either the 1910 or 1920 censuses
that I can find. Did she die after the 1900 census? And if so, when and where,
and where is she buried? Does William continue to list himself as Married out
of respect or grief? OR did they separate or divorce, and she remarried? Also
having great difficulty locating the death & burial of Hannah. These are my Great-Great-Great Grands through daughter IDA (HANOR) (SOUTHWORTH
my line) HOPKINS. I am also trying to locate their SONS - GEORGE M. HANOR, b. 7/1859 prob. in Lysander, Onondaga Co. (family there
on 1860 census, don't yet know why, though. Back in Otsego Co., Schenevus, by 1870);
George is last seen living with the family in Milford on the 1900 census; age 40,
Single, Farm Laborer IRA HANOR, b. 12/1/1876 (another twist - he is NOT with the family on the 1880
census, but is there in 1900, listed as a son of Wm. & Hannah); He is last "seen"
when he filled out a WWI Draft Registration Card on 9/1/1918, when he was living
on Chestnut St. in Oneonta, apparently Single, age 41, a Boiler Maker's helper for
the D & H Co.; He gives his next of kin as [sic] ALICE MAY HANOR, who, IF he is the
correct Ira, is INCORRECT for his sister IDA MAY, who was by now a widowed
SOUTHWORTH, remarried to HOPKINS. Seems the family was not very close. Could Ira have died in WWI? It seems to me that he would have been too old to be
called up. Are there any town/county records of those who served or died at that
time in History? Any help here would be greatly appreciated. THANKS! Deborah Southworth Sweet
- Query: HARDY/GARNER Researcher: Deborah Horzen Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 12 March 2004 Seeking further info on Samuel J. HARDY and Elizabeth GARNER, who settled first in Otsego Co. NY before 1840, and were in Broome Co. abt. 1848. Samuel J. HARDY was b. abt. 1800, possibly in Norfolk ENG. Elizabeth (daughter of James GARNER and Rebecca FOLGER) was b. 20 Mar 1802 in co. Norfolk ENG. They married abt. 1821, and had 12 children, all but 3 born in the U.S. Children: (Sarah b. abt. 1822 ENG), Elizabeth (b. Nov 1824 ENG, m. James W. SHERMAN), Thomas (b. abt. 1829 ENG, d. young), Samuel (b. abt. 1832 Otsego Co.), William (b. abt. 1833 Otsego Co., res. Bradford Co. PA), John Agustus (b. 11 Apr 1836 Cooperstown, res. Broome Co. NY), Mary Ann (b. abt. 1840 Otsego Co.), James K. (b. abt 1842 Otsego Co.), Benjamin (b. abt. 1844 Otsego Co) and Thomas (b. abt 1848 Broome Co. NY).
Would like to pool information on this family and take it back to England!
- Query: OLD HARMAN CEMETERY Researcher: XXXX Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 13 May 2006 Does anyone have a list of burials at the "Old Harman Cemetery" located at
Otsego County, three miles east of Morris, NY?
- Query: BRACE/HAWLEY Researcher: S. Wrede Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 27 April 05 I am trying to find the parents of a Mary BRACE, born April 1787 in Bethlehem CT.
Her parents are allegedly Joseph BRACE, a Rev. War Patriot, and Lucy HAWLEY,
whose father is also a Rev. War Patriot. I have come across these two names in
Otsego county in the early 1800's. If anyone has any information on birth, death
records of these families I would be very grateful. Joseph Brace(widow Lois Gardner)
listed Richfield, Otsego Co on his application for pension in 1833. Joseph Hawley
(widow Lucinda) pension records dated 183x he was "of Otsego County, NY" and in
other records refers to Butternuts (Otsego County - now Cooperstown - it states).
- Query: HEAD Researcher: Annette Campbell Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 11 Nov 2004 I'm looking for the "roots" of the Head family, Henry, Truman etc. who lived
and died in Otsego County. It's a good possibility this family connects in
some way to the Head family of early Rhode Island of whom my Henry HEAD b.
1756 and son William HEAD b. 1776 came to Steuben Co, NY. Henry's son William
was born in CT and next son b. in MA and I'm sort of thinking they came thru
Stephentown, NY from Massachusetts to NY State. Any ideas, clues or help much
- Surnames: HEAD Researcher: Cindy Weatherby Email: Date Posted: 21 June 2003 I am desperate for a photo (digital is fine) of a tombstone in the Old Hartwick
and the Robinson Cemetery in the Town of Hartwick. It is of TRUMAN HEAD (who
married Lavina Larned). I can PayPal or send cash or check. Please let me know as soon as possible.
It is for a DAR application.
- Query:HILL/WELCH/TUBBS Researcher: Rod Clark Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 27 May 2006 I am researching the Tubbs, Hill, Welch families that moved to Otsego Co NY
from either Southern VT or earlier from Norwich CT. This set of families them
moved to Eden NY where they became the part of the first settlers. Any information on Deacon Samuel Tubbs, William or John Hill or John Welch
would be appreciated. The time period is late 1700s early 1800s.
- Query: HILL/WATSON Researcher: Jack Dempsey Email:JD5fla@aol.com Date Posted: 27 Nov 2004 Florence Hill, Born 1868 in Plainfield, NY. She married a Charles Watson
from Vermont and had two children Lillian and Elizabeth. Date of mariage unknown.
She may have been married before Charles. She was part Blackfeet indian and
traveled for a while with the Bill Cody Wild west show. Any lead, no matter how slight will be appreicated.
- Query: HOSNER/HASNER and WILTSE/WILTSIE Researcher: XXXX Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 17 May 2006 Looking for any information on a John Hosner or Hasner who lived in Otsego
county around 1800. Unknown to whom he was married. He did have 2 children
named Nicholas and Henry. It is believed he left Otsego county area around
1820 to go to Town of Alexandria, Jefferson county.
Also looking for Nicholas Hosner, possibly Hasner who may have been born
about 1800 or 1801 in Otsego county. He married an Abigail Wilste, possibly
Wiltsie. Abigail is believed to have been born in Otsego county around 1801.
Although there is some conflicting info which places her birth as Mar. 4, 1802
in Montgomery county.
Any information regarding these persons would be greatly appreciated.
- Query:Howard Researcher:Monte Email:Monte from Penna - firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted:January 11 1998 Looking for information on Albina Howard who was married to Isaac Alonzo Aylesworth . We have no information on Albina but do know that Isaac was born June 21, 1822 in Maryland NY and died in 1895 in Maryland NY Ostego County. Any information on her would be welcomed.
- Surnames: HOWARD Researcher: Jim Howard Email: Date Posted: 08 May 2003 I am looking for information about William H. Howard and Gertrude Fraser,
his wife as well as their children Edward Kent,Harry and Dorothy (Dorthea)
who lived in Oneonta. Thanks
- Query:HULBERT/SHELDON/COLBURN/BASS/PALMER/McFARLAND/LOOMIS Researcher: Edward Colburn Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 27 Nov 2004 All pioneer families of Plainfield , Burlington & Edmeston. Will exchange
family information with anyone sharing these family named.
- Query:Calkins/Huntley/Warren Researcher:Dawn Curtis Email:Dawn Curtis - firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted:January 14 1998 Sheldon Huntley WARREN, b 1818 NY m 1841 Sarah (Sally) CALKINS, b 1831 NY. Their children: Ira DeForest (1842), Charles Homer (1847), William Berthier (1850), Martha Viola (1852). In the 1850 census, they are living in Plainfield, Otsego Co. NY, very near Charles and Caliste (CALKINS)WARREN. [Charles and Caliste were married in Chenango Co in 1840. Their children were: Seth (1842), Mary (1844), Francis (1848).] They were also living near several HUNTLEY families, and with Sheldon's middle name Huntley, there may be a connection. Were Sheldon and Charles brothers? Were Sally and Caliste sisters? Who were the parents of these people? Is there a HUNTLEY connection? Sheldon, Sally, and their families moved to Minnesota in the 1860s. Ira DeForest WARREN was a prisoner in Andersonville Prison during the Civil War.
- Query: Researcher: Email: Date Posted
I am looking for anyone whom may have connections with Fanny HALE. I believe she may have lived in Herkimer co, NY, which is Otsego's neighboring county to the north. Fanny was my ggg grandmother. She married James SERGEANT from Chenango co, NY. Her real name may have been Sarah Frances or Frances Sarah. She went by the name Fanny. Her father's name was believed to be Daniel Hale. I found a (Sarah) next to her name in Jefferson county, WI cemetary records. She pioneered to WI in 1846 with my ggg grandfather and their 5 Children via waterways. Fanny is buried in Jefferson county, WI. Her family may have came from VT, she was b. in MA in 1804.
Wed, 9 Oct 23:00:00 1996
Seeking the parents of Nancy Marion MOAK, b. 3/18/1829 d.1888 in Otsego Co. She married Rev. William HALLOCK b. 3/16/1826 d. 7/17/1901 in Otsego Co., about 1852. Had children Irving (1853), Lynn (1855), and David (1859)
Sat Oct 5 07:18:56 1996
Am looking for parent/grandparent information on Janice Marie Hanlon, born Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital - 1940.
Sun Jan 12 18:48:47 1997
searching for my ancestors. My Father George Arthur Harp, born in Cleveland on Aug 18,1904. His father was William Harp, His mother was known as either Florence M. Smith or Margaret Matilda Smith. My Mother Frances Marjorie Hoffman,born in Oneida on July 30, 1919. Her father was Arina Hoffman. Her mother was Maude Clarissa Cummings, Born Mar. 9, 1884. Her father was Clark Cummings and her mother was Ella Moody.
Wed Jan 8 12:24:31 1997
I am looking for information regarding the father of Michael Hartom born Oct. 4,1811 I believe in Cherry Valley. His son James Hartom born Dec 16,1852 in Roseboom, Otsego, Ny, is my ggg grand- father. While in Otsego, I was able to view a baptismal record from the Lutheran Church in Cherry Valley (founded in the early 1800's and long since abandoned, the foundation and a few grave markers remain.)In the record a Jacob Hartung is referenced with his wife, Elizabeth, having their son Michael being baptized. The birth date of this Michael is also Oct 4, 1811. While referencing the history of Otsego County I found that a Lutheran Church was founded in the Cherry Valley Area and one of its officer/deacons was named Jacob Hartorm. While all of this circumstantial evidence may point to my ggggg grandfather and a possible family name change, to date I have been unable to confirm this to my satis- faction. Any information/assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thu Apr 17 14:41:10 1997
I am looking for information on the family of Amasa & Clara (ACKLEY) HARVEY. Amasa b.Oct.2,1779,d.Mar.28,1865;m.at East Haddam,CT,1803,Clara ACKLEY,b.mar.21,1785,d.Mar.1,1828,bur. Mt. Roderick,Cortland Co.NY. I would like to hear from anyone researching this HARVEY family, and would appreciate any information on the possible multiple marriages of the HARVEY-LIVINGSTON families. My ancestor is Sally LIVINGSTON,b. May 22, 1803, Otsego Co. NY; m. Dennis HOPKINS, b. May 31. 1779, RI. Sally was sister to Abel and Lovina, and poss. Phoebe LIVINGSTON.
Fri Mar 21 23:40:00 1997
Searching for Rufus and Elijah HAWKINS who first appeared in Otsego County in about 1793 from Rhode Island. My searching in still in the "beginning" stages, as I have just discovered them. Rufus lived and resided in Hartwick Township till I believe his death which occurred after 1860. My focus now is to find out who his children and wife are. Wed Jan 29 22:19:34 1997
I am looking for information on my 5th Great Grandfather - Erastus Hayes born 13 Sep 1780 in Otsego Co. N.Y. His wife was Irene married 1806/1807. He had one brother and four sisters. Their children were: Hiram Wesley Hayes, Maria S. Hayes, Hosea Horace Briggs Hayes, and Almeda L. Hayes. It is unknown when he moved from the area. He died 1 Sep. 1866 in Quincy, Michigan. I am especially interested in finding the names and dates of his parents.
Stanley Hayes Wed Feb 19 14:11:21 1997
HERRINGTON William and family. I am looking for anyone who may be a relative of or have information on a William Herrington living in Montgomery and Herkimer Counties between 1796 and 1840. I believe these people may be my ancestors. William senior, came to Canada in the 1840's. Any clues would be appreciated.
Sat Oct 26 14:30:00 1996
I am looking for information of any kind dealing with the HINDS family in the Schuyler Lake and surrounding areas. Information dealing specifically with Donanld (Don) Hinds would be greatly appreciated. He was my great-grandfather and I have no information about him at all.
Thu Jan 30 09:21:05 1997
I am looking for any reference to a Don (Donald) Hinds in NY state from the early 1800s on. He was married to Bertha Sunday (or Sundroff) of Arkwright, NY (in Chautauqua County) in the early 1900s. Also has anyone ever heard of a Schuyler Lake, NY? (This is one possible location given for Don Hinds' place of birth.) Any information (no matter how vague) would be greatly appreciated. Wed Jan 29 07:50:03 1997
Looking for confirmation that the parents of Philip Hoke (b. abt 1787 - d. aft 1850)were John(b. abt 1765) and ?? Hoke [Seem to have been the only Hokes in the area.] Know Philip lived in Otsego Cty. by 1820 w/ wife Eve ?? (also need her maiden name) w/ 7 children and one of their sets of parents. John Hoke lived in Palatine Town, Montgomery Cty. w/ wife and 6 children in 1800. One of Philip's siblings may have been Laurence Hoke who also lived in Otsego Cty. by 1820.
Wed Jan 1 12:33:54 1997
HOPKINS, Dennis, b.31 May. 1779, RI, m. Sally Livingston, b. 22 May, 1803, Otsego Co.NY. Sally Livingston's parents were James and Susannah (Jackson) Livingston of Columbia Co.and Otsego Co. In the 1820 census, I find #075-Charles Jackson, #076-John Jackson, #077- Dennis Hopkins, #078- Increase Jackson, #079- William Jackson. Dennis later removed to Otsego Co. and then to Cortland Co. where he, Sally, and Sally's parents are buried. MY question: Does any one know of a family connection between these Jacksons and Dennis Hopkins, in this 1820 census.
Fri Feb 28 20:26:34 1997
Looking for information on Marietta Hopkins, Born: April 13,1835 in Hartwick, Otsego, Co. NY. She married William F. Burler. Family notes state her father was Jeremiah Hopkins and her mother was Naomi Smith. William and Marietta settled in Cattaraugus Co. about 1828. Any information would be appreciated. Thu Apr 17 09:58:41 1997
Seeking any info on Jacob Hone who died in Cherry Valley in 1818. His wife was Dolly or Dorothy. Children included David B April 5, 1808 who married Mary A. Henry from the area. Other children (birthdates unknown) are William T., Christopher, Henry, Jacob, Harmonus, Margaret, and Catherine. ANY info would be appreciated.
Fri Nov 22 20:13:26 1996
I'm researching the John Hosner (or Hasner) family who is said to have lived in Otsego County in 1800, when a Nicholas Hosner was born. Nicholas probably remained in this county until 1818 when he married an Abigail, maiden name unknown and then moved to Jefferson County, N. Y. (Town of Alexandria). If anyone has evidence of this family ever living there, I would like to hear from you. Will gladly share my Hosner information. Thank you. Shirley C. Farone, 1208 N. Baney Rd., Ashland, Ohio 44805
Sat Oct 26 16:38:47 1996
HOUGHTON - Otsego Co. Jonas Houghton, b. 1787 VT came with father Ebenezer Houghton, b. 1750 in MA, and came abt 1800 to Otsego Co. Jonas married Hannah ___, b. abt 1790 in NH (1850 Census). One of their sons was my lines's Tomkins Houghton, b. 1810, Maryland, Otsego, who died 1872. He married Phoebe ___,b. abt 1811, prob in Delaware Co., NY. Questions: 1. Who was Jonas' wife? 2. Could her maiden name be Tompkins, and her son be named after her? 3. When and where did Jonas and Hannah die, and where buried? 4. What was Phoebe's maiden name, and where born, and when did she marry Tompkins?
Sun Feb 23 17:06:46 1997
I am researching the BARBERS and HOUGHTONS in Chautauqua/ Livingston /Otsego Co. This is what I have so far. 1. Phineas HOUGHTON m. Nancy ? He was in Otsego Co for the 1810 & 1820 census. Then in Leicester, Livingston Co.for the 1830 census. In 1840, he was in Westfield, Chautauqua. Co. Phineas may have had a brother named Nehemiah.
They had at least one daughter.
2. Lucy HOUGHTON (b. 1802 d. 5/3/1835 in Leicester, Livingston Co. NY buried Teeds Corners (Taunton) Cemetary) m. 10/19/1822 in Leicester NY to Issac BARBER.
Cheryl Burns 109 Fillmore Ave. Sun Dec 22 15:00:18 1996
Joel Hubbard lived in Laurens N.Y. from abt 1815-1848.He was married to Elizabeth Tucker also of that town. Any info on either or these families,would be appreciated.Mike
Fri Sep27 07:03:25 1996
Seeking descendants of Elijah & Phebe (JOHNSON) HUBBARD. Elijah was born 1769 in Middletown, Middlesex Co., CT, son of John HUBBARD, Jr. and Anna Higgins. Phebe was the daughter of John JOHNSON and Lois BRAINERD, born in Haddam, Middlesex Co., CT 1772. They moved to Burlington Flats, Otsego Co., NY in 1792. To this couple where born the following children: Serena, Levi, Lavinia, Eri, Celinda, Beulah, Jared and Drucilla.
Sun Dec 29 17:15:04 1996
Catherine Hume (d. of William and Jane), abt 1811 in Scotland,m. in Otsego Cty, George Chisholm, b. 1807. Children (all born Otsego Cty) 1)Jane Chisholm, b. abt 1834; 2) Margaret Chisholm, b. 3 Jun 1835, m. Orange Gardner. Had a slew of children, and I would love to know about them. Except for two oldest boys (Andrew C., b. Jun 1871 and Sewell O., b. July 1869), I have no dates of birth for any of their children; 3) Ellen Chisholm, b. abt 1837, m.William Starring; 4) Janette Chisholm, b. Mar 1838, m. Peleg Cornell; 5) Andrew Chisholm, b. abt 1840; 6) Elizabeth Chisholm, b. abt 1841, m. Artemus Holdredge; 7) Robert Chisholm, b. 1843, m. Julia Brooks, b. abt 1842; and 8) George Chisholm,Jr., b. abt 1852.
Sun Dec 8 10:05:48 1996
Hattie Austin Hyatt was my ggGrandmother. In our family bible her birth is recorded as 6 Mar 1855, Ortego NY. No one has ever heard of Ortego NY, but it was suggested to me that Otsego was more likely the name they intended. Has anyone heard of her or her parents Samuel HYATT & Elizabeth AUSTIN (b.1835)?
Sun Oct 13 07:58:49 1996