- Query:HAMILTON/BRUCE Researcher: XXXX Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 14 January 2006 I am looking for any information that someone might have regarding Alvin Bruce
and Velma Hamilton. Both are buried in the Fairview Cemetery in New Berlin.
He was born in Oct. 1869, possibly around Worcester and his parents were Samuel
and Mary Bruce. Velma was born in Sept. 1871 in New Berlin and her parents were
Thomas and Pheba Hamilton. I do know that they lived in Lebanon around 1891 and
Pittsfield in 1904. I do have quite a bit of information regarding the Bruce line
prior to Alvin appearing in the New Berlin area but very little on the Hamiltons.
- Query: HAND/NEWELL Researcher: Bobby F. Hand Email:BobbyFHand@cox.net Date Posted: 20 Feb 05 I am "ancestor hunting" for members of the Hand or Newell families - residents
of Laurens, NY. Anyone have any info?
- Query: ISAAC HAYES HOME AND/OR FAMILY Researcher: Laurene Reichardt Wood Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 26 March 2004 I own the "Isaac Hayes" house in Unadilla, NY. I am looking for any pictures
or information of either the family or the house & property itself. I have
enough photos of the park across the street on the banks of the Susquehanna
River - Thank you. Isaac Hayes (not the musician) came to Unadilla around 1800, and he and
Curtis Noble were instrumental in the settling of Unadilla. Any help would
be appreciated. Thank you.
- Query:HANOR/HAYNER Researcher:Deborah Sweet Email:DeborahSweet@msn.com Date Posted 11 June 2006 WILLIAM AUGUSTUS HANOR/HAYNER; Found living in the OTSEGO Co. ALMSHOUSE as an
"Inmate" on the Census enumerated 1/19/1920, where his name appears as AUGUSTUS
W. HAYNER, age 83y. The Almshouse was located in MIDDLEFIELD. Can anyone tell me if there was a
cemetery attached to the Almshouse, or a Pauper's lot in some local cemetery which
may now be lost? Or any cemeteries in Middlefield which are not enumerated online?
I am having great difficulty locating the death and burial of William, which must
have occurred sometime after 1/19/1920. FURTHER, William is listed as "MARRIED,"
but his wife is not there that I can see (the census image is extremely faint -
even Ancestry.com could not decipher it and so he is not in their index), and
Hannah does not appear anywhere on this census under the name Hanor or its
variants. She is not with her daughter Ida, either.
I am also trying to locate his wife, HANNAH E. (SNYDER) HANOR (d/o Anthony & Roxy
(nee?) SNYDER). Hannah last appears on the 1900 Census with William, in MILFORD.
The twist is, that in 1910, William is still living without Hannah, in Otsego
(Town of), on a "Farm Estate" managed by Jay D. Wilson. William is listed as a
"Hired Man, Farm Laborer, Working Out," with his age given as 69y. He gives his
MARITAL STATUS as "MARRIED (1) [for] 40 years. Not Widowed, not Divorced. So
where is Hannah? She does not appear anywhere on either the 1910 or 1920 censuses
that I can find. Did she die after the 1900 census? And if so, when and where,
and where is she buried? Does William continue to list himself as Married out
of respect or grief? OR did they separate or divorce, and she remarried? Also
having great difficulty locating the death & burial of Hannah. These are my Great-Great-Great Grands through daughter IDA (HANOR) (SOUTHWORTH
my line) HOPKINS. I am also trying to locate their SONS - GEORGE M. HANOR, b. 7/1859 prob. in Lysander, Onondaga Co. (family there
on 1860 census, don't yet know why, though. Back in Otsego Co., Schenevus, by 1870);
George is last seen living with the family in Milford on the 1900 census; age 40,
Single, Farm Laborer IRA HANOR, b. 12/1/1876 (another twist - he is NOT with the family on the 1880
census, but is there in 1900, listed as a son of Wm. & Hannah); He is last "seen"
when he filled out a WWI Draft Registration Card on 9/1/1918, when he was living
on Chestnut St. in Oneonta, apparently Single, age 41, a Boiler Maker's helper for
the D & H Co.; He gives his next of kin as [sic] ALICE MAY HANOR, who, IF he is the
correct Ira, is INCORRECT for his sister IDA MAY, who was by now a widowed
SOUTHWORTH, remarried to HOPKINS. Seems the family was not very close. Could Ira have died in WWI? It seems to me that he would have been too old to be
called up. Are there any town/county records of those who served or died at that
time in History? Any help here would be greatly appreciated. THANKS! Deborah Southworth Sweet
- Query: HARDY/GARNER Researcher: Deborah Horzen Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 12 March 2004 Seeking further info on Samuel J. HARDY and Elizabeth GARNER, who settled first in Otsego Co. NY before 1840, and were in Broome Co. abt. 1848. Samuel J. HARDY was b. abt. 1800, possibly in Norfolk ENG. Elizabeth (daughter of James GARNER and Rebecca FOLGER) was b. 20 Mar 1802 in co. Norfolk ENG. They married abt. 1821, and had 12 children, all but 3 born in the U.S. Children: (Sarah b. abt. 1822 ENG), Elizabeth (b. Nov 1824 ENG, m. James W. SHERMAN), Thomas (b. abt. 1829 ENG, d. young), Samuel (b. abt. 1832 Otsego Co.), William (b. abt. 1833 Otsego Co., res. Bradford Co. PA), John Agustus (b. 11 Apr 1836 Cooperstown, res. Broome Co. NY), Mary Ann (b. abt. 1840 Otsego Co.), James K. (b. abt 1842 Otsego Co.), Benjamin (b. abt. 1844 Otsego Co) and Thomas (b. abt 1848 Broome Co. NY).
Would like to pool information on this family and take it back to England!
- Query: OLD HARMAN CEMETERY Researcher: XXXX Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 13 May 2006 Does anyone have a list of burials at the "Old Harman Cemetery" located at
Otsego County, three miles east of Morris, NY?
- Query: BRACE/HAWLEY Researcher: S. Wrede Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 27 April 05 I am trying to find the parents of a Mary BRACE, born April 1787 in Bethlehem CT.
Her parents are allegedly Joseph BRACE, a Rev. War Patriot, and Lucy HAWLEY,
whose father is also a Rev. War Patriot. I have come across these two names in
Otsego county in the early 1800's. If anyone has any information on birth, death
records of these families I would be very grateful. Joseph Brace(widow Lois Gardner)
listed Richfield, Otsego Co on his application for pension in 1833. Joseph Hawley
(widow Lucinda) pension records dated 183x he was "of Otsego County, NY" and in
other records refers to Butternuts (Otsego County - now Cooperstown - it states).
- Query: HEAD Researcher: Annette Campbell Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 11 Nov 2004 I'm looking for the "roots" of the Head family, Henry, Truman etc. who lived
and died in Otsego County. It's a good possibility this family connects in
some way to the Head family of early Rhode Island of whom my Henry HEAD b.
1756 and son William HEAD b. 1776 came to Steuben Co, NY. Henry's son William
was born in CT and next son b. in MA and I'm sort of thinking they came thru
Stephentown, NY from Massachusetts to NY State. Any ideas, clues or help much
- Surnames: HEAD Researcher: Cindy Weatherby Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 21 June 2003 I am desperate for a photo (digital is fine) of a tombstone in the Old Hartwick
and the Robinson Cemetery in the Town of Hartwick. It is of TRUMAN HEAD (who
married Lavina Larned). I can PayPal or send cash or check. Please let me know as soon as possible.
It is for a DAR application.
- Query:HILL/WELCH/TUBBS Researcher: Rod Clark Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 27 May 2006 I am researching the Tubbs, Hill, Welch families that moved to Otsego Co NY
from either Southern VT or earlier from Norwich CT. This set of families them
moved to Eden NY where they became the part of the first settlers. Any information on Deacon Samuel Tubbs, William or John Hill or John Welch
would be appreciated. The time period is late 1700s early 1800s.
- Query: HILL/WATSON Researcher: Jack Dempsey Email:JD5fla@aol.com Date Posted: 27 Nov 2004 Florence Hill, Born 1868 in Plainfield, NY. She married a Charles Watson
from Vermont and had two children Lillian and Elizabeth. Date of mariage unknown.
She may have been married before Charles. She was part Blackfeet indian and
traveled for a while with the Bill Cody Wild west show. Any lead, no matter how slight will be appreicated.
- Query: HOSNER/HASNER and WILTSE/WILTSIE Researcher: XXXX Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 17 May 2006 Looking for any information on a John Hosner or Hasner who lived in Otsego
county around 1800. Unknown to whom he was married. He did have 2 children
named Nicholas and Henry. It is believed he left Otsego county area around
1820 to go to Town of Alexandria, Jefferson county.
Also looking for Nicholas Hosner, possibly Hasner who may have been born
about 1800 or 1801 in Otsego county. He married an Abigail Wilste, possibly
Wiltsie. Abigail is believed to have been born in Otsego county around 1801.
Although there is some conflicting info which places her birth as Mar. 4, 1802
in Montgomery county.
Any information regarding these persons would be greatly appreciated.
- Query:Howard Researcher:Monte Email:Monte from Penna - firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted:January 11 1998 Looking for information on Albina Howard who was married to Isaac Alonzo Aylesworth . We have no information on Albina but do know that Isaac was born June 21, 1822 in Maryland NY and died in 1895 in Maryland NY Ostego County. Any information on her would be welcomed.
- Surnames: HOWARD Researcher: Jim Howard Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 08 May 2003 I am looking for information about William H. Howard and Gertrude Fraser,
his wife as well as their children Edward Kent,Harry and Dorothy (Dorthea)
who lived in Oneonta. Thanks
- Query:HULBERT/SHELDON/COLBURN/BASS/PALMER/McFARLAND/LOOMIS Researcher: Edward Colburn Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 27 Nov 2004 All pioneer families of Plainfield , Burlington & Edmeston. Will exchange
family information with anyone sharing these family named.
- Query:Calkins/Huntley/Warren Researcher:Dawn Curtis Email:Dawn Curtis - email@example.com Date Posted:January 14 1998 Sheldon Huntley WARREN, b 1818 NY m 1841 Sarah (Sally) CALKINS, b 1831 NY. Their children: Ira DeForest (1842), Charles Homer (1847), William Berthier (1850), Martha Viola (1852). In the 1850 census, they are living in Plainfield, Otsego Co. NY, very near Charles and Caliste (CALKINS)WARREN. [Charles and Caliste were married in Chenango Co in 1840. Their children were: Seth (1842), Mary (1844), Francis (1848).] They were also living near several HUNTLEY families, and with Sheldon's middle name Huntley, there may be a connection. Were Sheldon and Charles brothers? Were Sally and Caliste sisters? Who were the parents of these people? Is there a HUNTLEY connection? Sheldon, Sally, and their families moved to Minnesota in the 1860s. Ira DeForest WARREN was a prisoner in Andersonville Prison during the Civil War.
- Query: Researcher: Email: Date Posted