- Query: JACKSON/CAREY/CARY/STOCKIN/STOCKING Researcher: Norman Carey Jackson Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 03 Dec 04 I am the gr-grandson of James Alfred Jackson b. 1852 in Springfield, Otsego County son of Leonard James Jackson & Adaline Stockin. Adeline was the Dau of Otis & Prudence who were the parents of at least 12 children. James would marry Mary Carey b. 1851 Dau of Henry & Elizabeth Moore Carey/Cary of Cherry Valley, NY in 1869. James & Mary owned the Jackson Ice Company at lakefront at the end of Bay/Nelson street which is now on land owned by the Otesago Hotel. James would remarry after the death of Mary to Mary Bice of Pierstown. I would be interested in hearing from any descenents/ members of the Jackson; Carey/Cary; Stockin/Stocking families.
- Query: Family of William Jerram
and JuliaAnn Fawcett Porter and Wiliam Jerram and Annie Emily Beach Porter Researcher: Tony Porter Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 4 March 2006 We are looking for any information that anyone might have about these people.
William was born in the town of Butternuts, Gilbertsville, Otsego County 1850
son of William and Ann Dean Porter. William and Ann came to this country from
England around 1849-1850 He later moved to Kemptville, Ontario Canada and married
JuliaAnn Fawcett. Cencus records show Julia living with the Thomas Freer family,
as a servant, who were neighbors of William and Ann. Date of marriage and Julia's
death are unknown. William passed away in April 1915 and is buried in Kemptville
Public Cemetery. He remarried Annie Emily Beach on September 21, 1896 in Kemptville
Canada. We have no information after 1915. We know that William and Julia had
the following children, all born in Kemptville Canada and that they did not stay
there through adulthood
1. Mary Charlotte (Rosena) Porter was born October 15, 1873 and married John
Edward Hasserd on January 19, 1898
2. Carrie Belle Porter (Caroline) born April 23, 1875. According to William's
obit she was in Burwick IL in 1915
3. William Thomas James Francis (Frank) Porter born September 8, 1879, married
Mary Mrytle Porter and after her death married Lena Foster. Frank was my grandfather
4. Blanche Porter born February 12, 1885 married Edward Doolittle. The 1910 Census
shows them living in the Utica/Rome area with sons Cecil and Harold. Cecil later
lived with Thomas and census shows Harold being adopted, so we believe that both
Blanche and Edward passed away between 1910 and 1920.
If anyone has any information on our family we would love to hear from you.
Thanks for your help
- Query: JOHNSON Researcher: Linda Mathew Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 15 October 2004 I am seeking information on John JOHNSON, born in 1783 in Coventry, RI,
the son of Hosea and Barbara (GREENE) JOHNSON. He moved ca. 1805 with his
parents and siblings to Burlington, Otsego County, NY. His wife’s name was
Sally. In 1820 he was living in New Berlin, Chenango County. Where did he go
after 1820 and who were his wife and children?
- Query: JOHNSON Researcher: Gordon Elicker Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 22 December 2003 Looking for information on William JOHNSON and his wife, Amy, who appear to have
lived in Otsego Co abt 1809 where his second son, Harry was born. William JOHNSON (b. abt 1777 in RI; d. btw 1850-1855 in Newstead, NY), married
Amy ____ (b. abt 1777 in CT). Children: Alonzo (b. btw 1805-6 in CT), Harry
(b. abt 1809 in Otsego Co, NY), Lorenzo (b. btw 1821-3 in Allegany Co, NY).
He appears to have moved to CT, married there and had his first child there.
Then moving to New York. Any information about the William JOHNSON in Otsego
will be appreciated.
- Query: JORDAN/SWARTOUT Researcher: Ruth Jordan Thoden Email:RThoden@aol.com Date Posted: 3 Nov 2004 Seeking parents of JOHN JORDAN born 6 Mar 1764 where I know not. He died
26 Jan 1850 Pike, Wyoming Co, NY, but buried in family lot in Friendship,
Allegany Co., NY.
He married 15 Sep 1785 probably in or near Goshen, Orange Co., NY Julia
SWARTOUT born 18 Nov 1769 daughter of Jacobus SWARTOUT who before and
during the Revolution lived in Sugar Loaf which is now in town of Chester,
Orange Co., NY but then in town of Warwick, Orange Co., NY.
Following children born to John and Julia: Michael 1786 in Orange Co; William 1788; Jesse 1790; James 1791; hn 1792; Andrew; 1795; Betsey 1797; Isaiah 1799; Sally (Patty) 1801; JACOB 1803; Julia Margaret 1805; Unnamed son 1807 at which time Julia probably died because she does not
appear in 1810 census.
John/Julia do not appear in the 1790 census of NYS in their own
home with two sons nor have I found them in PA, NJ or any N.E. state.
By 1800, JORDAN family residing in Cherry Valley, Otsego Co., NY. From there, Michael, William and Jesse settled in and died in Steuben Co.
James and John settled town of Cuba, Allegany Co., NY; Isaiah, after living
with his brother, Michael in Steuben Co., migrated on to Allegany Co and he
and brothers Andrew and JACOB settled in town of Wirt of Allegany Co., NY.
Betsey (Elizabeth) Jordan married Sebastion WELLER and lived in Canajoharie, Montgomery Co., NY. Sally married John DYGERT and lived in Montgomery Co, NY. Julia Margaret married Charles PHELPS, migrated to Pike, Wyoming Co. and it was at her home that JOHN died in 1850.
In 1840, JOHN JORDAN is still residing at Cherry Valley but by 1848 has migrated to town of Wirt and because he died before 1850 census was taken, it has been family tradition that he lived with his son, JACOB, but his will probate states he died at home of his daughter in Wyoming Co.
ANY help would be appreciate on these above mentioned families....
- Query: Researcher: Email: Date Posted