- Query: MACKEY Researcher: David Mackey Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 29 January 2006 I am searching for any information about David Mackey or Charles Mackey or
Elias Mackey. These Mackeys lived in Otsego County from ca 1810 to mid 1830's.
David Mackey, b. ca 1800, m. Laura North, moved to Cattaraugus Co NY about
d. after 1880. Charles Mackey, b. ca 1775, m. Harriet Thomas, moved to Cattaraugus Co NY
about 1833, d. 1850.
David Mackey is my gr-gr-grandfather.
- Query: MacPHERSON Researcher: Diane Horvath Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 15 October 2004 I am looking for decendants of Julia MacPherson. I believe she last lived in
Oneonta, but previously may have lived in Afton. My parents bought their home
from her and I have found a few items in cleaning out the attic that I think
family members might be interested in having. Some things belonged to her
If you have any information on how I could get in touch with this family,
please let me know. Thanks.
- Query: MAHONEY Researcher: XXXX Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 06 January 2006 I am searching for information on Fred William Mahoney (born in Portland,
ME). He married Evelyn J. Turner in 1925 or 1926 and they had three children:
Marilyn J. Mahoney was born July 1926 and twin boys, F. William Mahoney and
Robert G. Mahoney were born May 1929. Fred William and Evelyn lived in Oneonta,
NY from 1926 until 1931 (or 1932) at which time they were divorced. I cannot
find any information about Fred William after the 1930 census. He worked for
the D & H Railroad as a material man definitely from 1926 to 1930 (and probably
after that). Any information about Fred William, especially after 1930 would be
Thank you very much!
- Query: MAPLES/MERRILL/REMMEY/THOMPSON Researcher: Kurt Hahn Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 30 October 2005 I am researching the descendants of William CHAPPEL 1763-1850 and Ann
MAPLES 1760- 1843 natives of Connecticut who were early settlers in
Hartwick in Otsego County . Subsequent identified generations include
members of the Merrill, Remmey, Andrews, Thompson, Bolton and Doxtater
families residing in Hartwick, Otsego, Cooperstown, Middlefield,
Springfield, Laurens, and Flycreek in Otsego County as well as Ilion
in Herkimer County.
Happy to cooperate and share, Especially interested in making contact
with Chappel researchers and current generations of the families listed
above who reside in the area.
- Query: MATTESON/WILSON Researcher: Joan Matteson Donahue Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 19 October 2003 Researching my paternal genealogy. I'm interested in the Pittsfield Area,
Otsego County, Circa late 1800s to early 1800s. Names of Alonzo Matteson
and Nellie Wilson. Also interested in the Susan Fenimore Cooper Orphanage.
Can you guide me to persons who can be of help to me? I've been searching
for over 2 years,and have found a huge wall that I cannot break thru. I
believe these persons to be my Grandparents. My Fathers name Earl Gerald
Matteson. I am his only child. He passed on in 1981, and left nothing of his
genealogy, so I've started from scratch. I'm 66 yrs old and time is running
out. Any info. would greatly appeciated.
- Query: MATTESON/WRIGHT Researcher: Janet Wright Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 27 July 2003
LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ABOUT HANNAH OR MAYBE CALLED RACHEL MATTESON WRIGHT,
1ST. WIFE OF ELISHA WRIGHT. HANNAH BORN ABOUT 1781 POSSIBLY HERKIMER/OTSEGO COUNTIES,MARRIED ABT. 1806
TO ELISHA AND DIED AUG. 1818, AGE 37. DO NOT KNOW WHERE SHE IS BURIED. ELISHA
IS BURIED AT SPOONERS CORNERS CEMETERY NEAR W. WINFIELD WITH HIS SECOND WIFE,
SARAH. BELIEVE HANNAH'S PARENTS WERE CALEB AND SARAH MATTESON. ALSO LOOKING FOR INFO. ABUT ELIAS WRIGHT BORN 1807, SON OF HANNAH AND ELISHA.
HE DIED ABOUT 1875 BUT DO NOT KNOW WHERE BURIED. HIS WIFE HARRIET IS BURIED
AT CLOSSE, TOWN OF MEXICO, OSWEGO COUNTY. ANY INFO. WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
- Query:McFARLAND/LOOMIS/HULBERT/SHELDON/COLBURN/BASS/PALMER Researcher: Edward Colburn Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 27 Nov 2004 All pioneer families of Plainfield , Burlington & Edmeston. Will exchange
family information with anyone sharing these family named.
- Query: MCINTYRE/SEWARD Researcher: Diane Marshall Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 25 Jan 05 Noadiah Seward Jr married Diadema McIntyre in Chester, Hampden Co., MA.
Does anyone have any information on this Seward family? Did they live in Otsego Co.?
- Query: McINTYRE Researcher: Diane Marshall Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 07 September 2004 I am looking for information on Mary/Polly Miller McIntyre widow of Oliver McIntyre.
Last found in the 1820 census Westford, Otsego Co., NY. In 1817 she annexed property
to the school district #4 of Decatur At that time, Oliver was not living. Her
neighbors were Eliphalet Seward and John T. Snyder. I would like to find if she is
still living past 1820, and where she and Oliver are buried.
Their daughter Polly O. married Samuel Wood in Decatur in 1826, she died in 1843.
Did they have any children and where are they buried.
Thank you for your help.
- Query: MCINTYRE/OLIVER Researcher: Diane Marshall Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 11 Jan 05 MARSENA H. MCINTYRE MARRIED MARY OLIVER BORN IN OTSEGO CO. IN 1805.
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHO MARY'S PARENTS ARE? DID SHE HAVE ANY SIBLINGS?
NEED SOME HELP PLEASE.
- Query: MCINTYRE/PHILLIPS Researcher: Diane Marshall Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 11 Jan 05 LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON POLLY O. MCINTYRE, DAUGHTER OF OLIVER
AND MARY/POLLY MILLER HITCHCOCK, WHO MARRIED ELIJAH PHILLIPS. THEY
HAD THREE CHILDREN THAT I KNOW OF, MARY ANN B: 1821 (COULD SHE BE
BY ANOTHER MARRIAGE?), LUCY J. B: 1835 AND JOHN L. B: 1838. BELIEVE
CHILDREN TO BE BORN IN OTSEGO CO. WOULD LIKE NAME OF CEMETERY WHERE
THEY ARE BURIED. WHERE HER PARENTS ARE BURIED.
WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM ANYONE CONNECTED TO THIS FAMILY.
- Query:Metcalf Researcher:Vieve Metcalfe Email:Vieve Metcalfe, email@example.com Date Posted:January 9 1998 Looking for death date and burial location of Bethia Edgerton METCALF (b 24 Aug 1772 in Norwich CT), widow of Eliphalet Metcalf. She moved to Otsego County from Delaware County with her children sometime after 1813, and could have lived in Westford, Middlefield, or Cherry Valley.
- Query: MILES Researcher: April Email:PhantomChsr@aol.com Date Posted: 03 July 2003 I am looking for info on Oliver N. Miles Jr born in Otsego Co in 1830
and his father. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I do have limited
info on their descendants.
- Query: MILLER Researcher: Levi Miller Email:LeviTMiller@msn.com Date Posted: 8 August 2004
I am searching for information on George G. Miller born 3 Jan 1800 in
Otsego County, NY. I do not know who his parents were. George married Mary
'Polly' Cornish in Jun 1823/4 in Oneida County, NY. George & Polly had the
following children; Mary Almira Miller born 4 Jul 1826 in Oneida County, NY;
Eliza Louisa Miller born 12 Aug 1827 in Oneida, NY; Roxcinda Miller born 1828
in Oneida, NY; and George C. Miller born 6 Jun 1830 in Martinsburg, Lewis, NY.
Polly died in Redfield, Oswego, NY on 23 Nov 1854 and George G. Miller died in
Plain, Wood, OH on 3 Aug 1894. Any information on who George's parents are would
be greatly appreciated!
- Query:MURDOCK/VANAUKEN/CUSHMAN Researcher: Karl Blixt Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 05 July 05 I am looking for any information about the Cushman, Murdock and Van Auken families from around the Richfield Springs, West Winfield, or Schuyler Lake areas.
- Query: Researcher: Email: Date Posted
I am seeking information on the MACKEY surname in Otsego Co. Specifically, I have the following family in which I am interested: Charles and Harriet Mackey
1) George (b. Sep 27 1820 @ ?, d. May 21 1888 @ Butler Co. PA)
2) Charles Mackey
3) William (b. 1829 @ Milford, Otsego Co.,NY, d. @ Cattaraugus Co.,NY)
4) Phletus Mackey
5) Julie Ann Mackey Fister
6) Rachel Mackey
7) Sarah Mackey King
George and William (and perhaps the whole family ?) moved to Cattaruagus Co., prior to 1846, and George moved to Butler Co., PA, shortly thereafter.
19 Oct 96 22:06:56 +0000
Seeking information on James MARCY and other of the MARCY family. James MARCY was born in Exeter, Otsego Co 20 April, 1824. Married to Mary BURT in WI in 1850 and died in IA, 1900.
Sun Jan 5 12:51:56 1997
Looking for parents of Frederic Martin who moved to Otego, Otsego Co. around 1804 - 1807. Frederic was b. abt 1762 and died on his farm on Otsdawa road in 1836. Frederic and his wife Cornelia had 10 children. Polly, Catherine, Samuel, John, Sophrona, Elliott, Charlotte, Olive, Isaiah, and Elizabeth. If anyone has any info on this Martin family, I would love to hear from them. Mon Apr 14 03:40:26 1997
MC DOUGALL/MAC DOUGALL
Searching for the parents and family of James MC DOUGALL born abt 1808 who married a Julia SCHERMERHORN. Julia was supposed to have been married a total of four times. Possibly Antell and Manning were other spouses. My grandfather, Adam Mc Dougall b 1866 in Davenport Center,NY married 1889 to Phoebe BREWER b 1873. Anyone researching the Mc DOUGALL family, I'd sure like to hear from you.
Sat Apr 19 04:32:44 1997
Looking for information on Families living in Cherry Valley during the Indian Attacks of 1776 and 1780. The families I am searching are Ball (Benjamin) and McIntire (Anna, Ezra, and his Wife Mary hatfield) Benjamin and Anna are said to have been from Cherry Valley and Ezra (her father) is said to have died in Otsego Co. in 1831. Apprx. date of birth of Benjamin is 1780-90. Any info on these family names would be apreciated.
Sep 29 09:02:29 1996
In the 1850 and 1860 census for the town of Otego (or Otsego?), in Otsego Co., NY there was a McKeever Family. William and Elizabeth McKeever were both born in NYS abt. 1795+ and they had children including William Jr., Julia, and Samuel. William Jr. married Lydia (?) by 1858 and they had a daughter named Julia b. in 1858. The family later relocated to Susquehanna Co. PA. I cannot find the origins of this McKeever family. I've seen it spelled a few different ways, but the family spelled it MCKEEVER ! There was an Archibald and a John McKEEVERs on earlier NYS census. Any ideas ???
Mon Feb 17 17:45:38 1997
I'm searching for any descendants of Henry and Jennie MERRITT. They had 3 children Harry E. b.1882, Mabel b. 1885 and Harriet b. 1896. There was also a brother of Henry's who d. in Portlandville in 1931. If you have any info please contact me. Thank you.
Apr 9 17:47:51 1997
Looking for any Michel (Mickel) branches that may have lived in Dutchess Co. Family lived in Columbia Co. from 1709 Father, Nicholas Michel Mother, Anna Barbara Schonin. they had 8 children in Columbia Co. My branch eventually moved to Otsego Co. Names; Johann Georg, Maria Elisabetha, Georg Andreas>his decendants moved to Rensaller Co. , Elisabetha Margaretha, Eva Catharina, Johannes>his decendents moved to Otsego Co., Maria Magdelena, Cathearina
Sun Feb 2 06:14:33 1997
Looking for connections to Butternuts Township, Gilbertsville, New York.1800-1900
Thu Sep 26 22:08:31 1996
Seeking the parents of Nancy Marion MOAK, b. 3/18/1829 d.1888 in Otsego Co. She married Rev. William HALLOCK b. 3/16/1826 d. 7/17/1901 in Otsego Co., about 1852. Had children Irving (1853), Lynn (1855), and David (1859)
Sat Oct 5 07:18:56 1996
I am looking for vital dates and any information in regard to descendants of Gurdon MORGAN, b. abt 1799 of CT, d. aft 1850 of Unadilla, Otsego, NY. He m. SOPHIA LOCKE, b. ? of Unadilla. Her parents were Ira LOCKE and Persis HAMILTON. Gurdon (Gordon?) MORGAN and Sophia LOCKE had, all of Unadilla, Maria MORGAN, b. abt 1829, Harriet MORGAN, b. abt 1835, and Malissa Morgan, b. abt 1839. Were there other children? Did any of them marry? Thanks in advance for any help.
Mon Dec 30 18:55:45 1996
Researching the descendants of Hugh Morriell/Morrell, a merchant from Ireland, in Mass., before coming to Richfield Springs, Otsego Co., around 1800. His son, Robert is enumerated in the 1800 census for that township. The Jacob, Jonathan and Daniel of Milford Twp. may be related as well. Some of the Morrells relocated to Springfield & Conneaut Twps., Erie Co., PA, where Hugh's son in-law, Medad Pomeroy, had purchased land. Seeking any information on this family, and will gladly share what I have.
Fri Oct 11 22:23:29 1996
Researching George MYERS (13 Aug 1812, Otsego Co., NY - 22 Aug 1886, Woodland, Barry Co., MI) and his wife, Mariah Polly BATES (28 Nov 1815, Newstead, Erie Co., NY - 23 Apr 1896, Woodland, Barry Co., MI). The will of John MYERS of Laurens Otsego Co., NY lists his children: Clarissa, wife of James ELDRED; Hannah, wife of Harvey ELDRED; Polly, wife of Isaac BRIGGS; Noel; Wilis, husband of Elizabeth HARRINGTON; Job; John; and George. I believe my George is the youngest son of John MYERS and Phoebe ANDREWS of Laurens, Otsego Co., NY, but I haven't been able to document it.
Fri Apr 4 06:14:13 1997