- Query: SAGRO Researcher: XXXX Email:JoanBird@dm.com.net Date Posted: 8 July 2004 I am looking for information regarding my grandfather-last name
Sagro, first name not available-disappeared from Decator,East
Worcester,Worcester area about 1909-1919, He was supposedly
married to a Hazel Woodbeck of same area. Relatives were Iving
and Lois Woodbeck-Please E-mail if you have any information
regarding any of these people.
- Surnames: SANDERS Researcher: Ernest Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 16 May 2003 I'm looking for the maiden name of Mrs.Martha Sanders born about 1769 probably CT.
She married, a second time to, Daniel Potter of Hartwick. Any information on the
Sanders family would be greatly appreciated.
- Query:Henry F. Schrier Researcher:Carolyn A. Schrier Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted 23 June 2006 Seek obit for grandfather who died Unadilla, 24 Jan 1945. Born Callicoon, Sullivan County, NY, 30 November 1875. Was blacksmith, wheelright etc., I remember visiting his forge when very small.Not buried in Unadilla. Wife Carrie took him to her family plot on Long Island. He was later removed to Gould family plot in Goulds, Town of Hancock, Delaware County, NY.
- Query:SEWARD/MCINTYRE Researcher: Diane Marshall Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 25 Jan 05 Noadiah Seward Jr married Diadema McIntyre in Chester, Hampden Co., MA.
Does anyone have any information on this Seward family? Did they live in Otsego Co.?
- Query: SHAW Researcher: XXXX Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 25 August 2004 I've found a branch of my family living in Ostego County, New York early 1800s.
They are listed in the "Early Settlers of New York, Volume 2, October 1939,
Records of First Presbyterian Church, Worcester, page 218 and 249. On page
218 I find "1804 Shaw, Thirza: 1807 William." Page 249 lists " Shaw, Thirza
- Adoniram, Thirza, Louisa, 1804: Mariah, 1805. William - William, 1808: Stephen
Stimpson, 1810." This is the only record I have of this family living in Ostego County.
By 1823 they were living in St. Genevieve Co. Missouri and around 1830 were
living in Lawrence County, Arkansas. I'm interested in contact from any Shaw
family researchers having a connection to Ostego County. Thank you
- Query:SHELDON/COLBURN/BASS/PALMER/MCFARLAND/LOOMIS/HULBERT Researcher: Edward Colburn Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 27 Nov 2004 All pioneer families of Plainfield , Burlington & Edmeston. Will exchange
family information with anyone sharing these family named.
- Query: SHELLMAN Researcher: Norma Clark Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 07 Feb 05 I am doing the genealogy on the above and have come to a standstill.
I have information from the Huntington Library with an article about
Cornelius Shellman, who was my gggrandfather and an incident at the
Presbyterian Church, Oneonta and we found him buried in back of that
church. The article goes on about him coming to the church and offered
to help dispose of a bell which was to be sold to the Clarksville Church
society and he was going to remove it from the Presb. church. The bell
fell and he was instantly killed. Would like to know where I could
obtain anymore information on this as the article just lists him as Mr.
Shellman . The minister there at the time was Rev. Joseph Paddock. Time
frame is Nov. 10, 1848. , that is what is on his stone in the cemetery.
The only date in the article was toward the bottom, it states that several
years later (1850) upon the payment to him the society paid him $150.
If you have any suggestions would appreciate hearing from you. Cornleius
had a daughter Eudora Beams who is buried in the Glenwood Cemetery, also
was related to Aris M Shellman who lived on 42 Ford Ave. and Thomas Shellman
who died in Franklin.
- Query:SHORT/Quakenbush Researcher: Roger Quackenbush Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 29 January 2006 I am looking for information on James Henry Quackenbush and his wife Sophia
Caroline Short. They lived in or around Hartwick Seminary, Toddsville, and/or
Milford around 1837 - 1844. Their children include Granville James (born 1837 in
Hartwick Seminary), Adaline Marie (born 1844 in Milford), Jane Ann (born about
1848). I am interested in James' mother and father and where and when he was born
and died and buried. And the same for Sophia, her mother and father, where she was
born and when, and when and where she died and buried.
- Query: SIGNOR/SIGNER/PARIS/PARISH Researcher: Mary Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 26 January 2004 I am searching for the family of Carrie Paris who married Charles Signor
of Cortland County in 1860 in Oneonta. I have not been able to find a
Paris or Parish family in the 1860 census that Carrie could be placed in.
(They married after the census was taken) In 1870, Carrie SIGNOR was
residing in Otsego with a Farrington family. I would like to learn if
she remarried, who is her family, and where were they from originally.
Appreciate any information.
- Query:SIKES/SYKES Researcher:Cynthia Schwab Email:email@example.com Date Posted:August 1 2006 I am seeking information on Levi Sikes listed on the Worcester, Otsego,
1800 census. According to that census, he had 4 daughters under ten and
his wife. Name can also be shown as Sykes. Any information on names of
daughters and his wife appreciated.
- Query: SIMMONS Researcher: Christopher D. Simmons Email:Csim7603@wmconnect.com Date Posted: 13 June 2004 I'm seeking any Simmons' or relatives of Simmons' who were from Oneonta NY.
My father Norman Ivan Simmons was born there in 1932 along with his twin
sister Norma Ione Simmons. His father John Simmons married my Grandmother
Rosina Agnes Simmons (Simmons is her maiden name) and in the 1930 census,
it shows him, her and some of my aunts and uncles. I'm especially looking
for John's sisters Florence, Eunice, Mary and Ann(e,a) or if anyone has the
copy of the 1900, 1905, 1910 census in Otsego County.
Florence married a John Haynes
Ann(e,a) married Harris Grant
Eunice married a Barney Meade
Mary married a man with the last name Kyle. Also, if anyone has anything on a Jacob Simmons who lived either in
Otsego County or Delaware County, please email me. Thank you!
- Query:Slade Researcher:Sean Rafferty Email:Sean Rafferty - firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted:January 13 1998 I am interested in any information on a Slade family in the Emmons or East Oneonta area, near Charlotte Creek in the Late 19th/early 20th century- this is in regards to multiple references to "Slade Village" in the catalogs to the Yager collection from Hartwick Collge- I need to pin down where this Slade Village was located but cannot find any such referenc on any historic maps.
Also, I have seen references to a Walling's Island in the Oneonta area but have also not been able to find this no any map. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
- Query: SLAYTON
Researcher: T.GunterSmith Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 11 December 2003 I am looking for information on Harriet Slayton, who build a home on Otsego
Lake in 1880. The Farmer's Journal of 1880 states that in September "Harriet
Slayton finished her home, Cary Mede, at the north end of the lake." My family has owned the home for the last 75 years but have no information
on the lady who built it. Can you help me ?? Thanks
- Query: SMITH Researcher: XXXX Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 03 August 05 I am trying to find any info I can on my Grandparents, Watson and Agnes Smith.
My grandmother came from Ireland and married Watson Smith . They lived Martin
Brook to Rogers Hollow Road . I believe that was North of Unadilla,NY They had
11 children including my Mother Catherine. I believe my grandfather was born
about 1869. He was killed in an accident near Unadilla about 1920. They lived
in dwelling 187-family 200 on a 1910 Census that was given me. I think a
greatgrandfather Silas lived next door.
Help me connect some dots.
- Query: SNYDER/VANDERCOOK Researcher: Nina Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 27 November 2005 George Snyder and his wife Elizabeth (Vandercook) Snyder died in Springfield
and I am trying to find their graves. She died 5 Jan.1848 in Springfield.
We don't know when George died. Any info much appreciated.
- Query: SOUTHARD/SUTHERLAND Researcher: Dana DeZiel Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Date Posted: 05 November 2003 I am writing a history paper about a Otsego county resident who moved to MN
and became a prominent doctor and a pioneer of Anoka County society. Her father was Soloman Wesley Southard and mother Amanda Sutherland. Amanda,
I believe, was buried at Elk Creek Cemetary according to what I can piece
together from the information on the cemetary. Amanda's father was Isaac
Sutherland. There is a Celitte Sutherland buried at Elk Creek also, could
this be Amanda's mother? I am having a really hard time researching this family.
Wesley is on the census records for 1850 with the Smith Southerland family.
Wesley, Amanda and Flora are all on the 1860 Census records. Any additional information that anyone could find would be extremely helpful.
- Surnames: SPICER/WALKER Researcher: Barbara Sherman Email:email@example.com Date Posted: 6 June 2003 I am looking for information on a Lucy Spicer (my gg grandmother), born abt
1827. I believe the Lucy I am looking for was the daughter of Erastus and
Dolly Hawkes Spicer of Richfield, Otsego Co, NY. My grandfather was Joseph Benson Lyon. His father was Frank P. Lyon and
Frank's mother was Laura Lucena Walker. Laura Walker was the daughter of
Galutia and Lucy (Spicer?) Walker who appear on the 1860 Census for Exeter,
Otsego, NY. I have been told that my gg grandmother was Lucy Spicer; but I have not
been able to prove it. The reason I believe that this Lucy is the person
I am looking for is because she had a brother named Joseph Benson Spicer,
born 16 Jul 1832 in Plainfield, Otsego, NY. I have to think there is a
connection because of the name Joseph Benson, which was passed on to Lucy's
grandson, my grandfather. Anyone having any information on Lucy's marriage to Galutia Walker that would prove this information, please let me know. If this proves to be my missing link, I have
tons of information to share.