My Lott Forefathers and
by Frances Mullen Felts Brunson
submitted by Donna Felts Grogan
John Lott and Mary Adams of Sturry, England were married 11/19/1719. His
family of Lott's came to the USA in the early 1700's. Settled in Eastern
VA, Fairfax County from there to NC prior to the Revolution, around 1760.
Emigrated through the Carolina's to MS ,after 1830 with children(8 of them).
Aaron G. Lott their second son , b.12-22-1806, SC, d. 4-26-1862, m. Margaret
Telford b.11-2-1805 d. 8-18-1875. Buried in Evergreen Cemetery, N.
They had 5 sons and daughters: The oldest, James Ellison Lott, Sr. b.
4-22-1830, SC, d. 8-4-1875, m. Sara Elizabeth Thompson b. 11-5-1829, d.
6-15-1918. Both are buried in Lott Cemetery, NE Carrollton.
They had 6 children. The oldest, James Ellison Lott, Jr. b.
6-2-1857, Carroll County, MS,d. 5-11-1919, m. Eliza Wilborn Sullivan b.
11-25-1853, d. 10-16-1918. They are both buried in Lott Cemetery, NE Carrollton.
To this couple was born 13 children:
1. Harry Ansel Lott b.12-31-1880-d. 5-13-1947 Evergreen Cem.
m. Fannie Louise Turner
2. Ina May Lott b. 3-1-17-1882 d. 3-10-1973 Evergreen Cem. m. Harry
3. Freddie Lott b. 8-26-1883 d. 9-14-1884
4. Alma Claude Lott b. 1-27-1885 d. 3-20-1950 Duck Hill Cem. m.
5. Hettie Ruth Lott b. 9-24-1886 d. 4-24-1959 Duck Hill Cem. m.#1 Elige
Embry #2 Jimmy Sullivan
6. James Gordon Lott b. 6-10-1888 d. 2-6-1954 Evergreen Cem. m.
Willie Elmer Carpenter
7. Sam Jones Lott b.5-10-1890 d. ? buried in El Paso, TX m.
8. Del Perkins Lott b. 8-23-1892 d. 3-26-1961 Greenwood Cem(Belzoni?)
m. Celia Dora Bryan
9. Timothy Wilborn Lott b. 10-06-1894 d. 6-5-1985 m. Clyde
10. James Ellison Lott, III b. 10-06-1894 d.2-1-1974 m. Elsa Talulah
11. Wade Hampton Lott b. 4-4-1896 d. 6-1937 Evergreen Cem. m. Mary Young Sanders
12. Paul Sullivan Lott b. 8-23-1898 d. 5-23-1977 Warchula, FL.
13. Jewel (Sissy) Lott b. 12-04-1901 d.1-30-1995
Note: Ina May Lott Mullen is my Great Grandmother , Frances Mullen
Felts Brunson is my Grandmother and Don Felts is my Father.