by Mary E. Corcoran
23 July 2016

Ranchers took out notices in The Winona Times and the Emmons County Record to display their brands. They would usually print 3 to 4 at a time. Below is the notice for William Patterson who ran the Patterson Land and Loan Company, owned the Winona Times, and was Justice of the Peace.
The notice ran in the March 24, 1888 issue of The Winona Times.


Winona History