FORTY FOUR FAMILIES ATTEND
STORDAHL LUTHERAN CHURCH
(Rural Galesburg, North Dakota)
June 6, 1881, the Ole Jystad family, Ole Sather family, the John Ericksons, Peter Eriksons, Martin Ericson, Otto Erickson and Peter Auran were assisted by Pastor Bersvend Anderson in organizing a Christian congregation. The group adopted a constitution, following the Hauge Synod form, and was named the Stordahl Congregation. After meeting in homes and a schoolhouse for years, a contractor's bid was accepted. On January 9 and 10, 1898, a two-day meeting was held in the new structure.
In 1948, the constitution was changed to affiliate with the Lutheran Free Church. In September, 1962, a merger with the American Lutheran Church was approved, becoming effective on February 1, 1963. In 1970, itwas decided to become a two point parish with the Aurdal Congregation in Portland, after fif-three years of being a three point parish, including the Aal Church near Mayville.
At the present time, membership of the Stordahl Church is forty-four families, ninety-seven persons. Pastor Omar Nelson serves the congregation.
From: YESTERYEARS IN TRAILL,
A History of Traill County, North Dakota, 1976.
Contributed by Gerry Forde Mohn.
More information on the church can be found at Footprints Across the Prairie (Page 76)